cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Express permission pending

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Express permission pending

Hello

We are continually frustrated by contacts on our list who were previously sent a "confirm permission" email, but did not opt in (back in 2014!) who now claim they do not receive their monthly newsletter. We have tried deleting these contacts and re-adding them, but unfortunately this does not resolve the problem at hand. We cannot send their email until they accept the expressed consent email, which by now is very much long gone.

Any tips on how to bypass this issue would be much appreciate it!

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Express permission pending

Hello @CherylM97,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, we completely understand how important it is to get these contacts back on your list so they can receive your emails. Unfortunately, deleting them and adding them back in won't work because our system remembers that these contacts did not put in consent with the confirmed opt in email. I suggest having these contacts sign up through a sign up form and they should be added back into your list after that. You can use a landing page that produces a link for you to send to these people in your personal email account or they can sign up on a form on your website. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.