Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expressed permission missing!

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Expressed permission missing!

Hi, 

I went through this very useful thread and was amazed that it was solved by a customer and not CC staff! Anyway, seems to have solved the problem EXCEPT that 'Expressed permission' is missing under my contacts list. Implied permission is now showing after enabling advanced email settings. However, Expressed permission isn't and I really need this as I'm using the CC GDPR template button. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
CTCT Employee

Re: Expressed permission missing!

@BamideleQ

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I responded to your previous post, but I wanted to ensure you got my response in both areas. Your Expressed Permission section will show up under your Contact Management page when you have contacts opt in from your GDPR email campaign. When sending a test email, this will not record as an opt in because it is a test. If you do a live send to yourself and click the option to opt in, you will then be added to the Expressed Permission section.

If you follow these steps and are still having issues, please email privacy(at)constantcontact(dot)com and our team can assist you further. Thank you!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi, Thank you very much for your response. 

How do I send a live email just to myself and not to everyone on the mailing list please?

Many thanks. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @BamideleQ,

That's a great question!  Most customers create a list named "Test" in their accounts and put just their own email address on that list.  Then you can make a copy of your email campaign and live send it to just the Test list.  That will let you test that confirm link!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Donna_P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Thank you very much. That's worked perfectly!

Tags (2)
Occasional Participant

Sorry one more question please. 

If we upload email addresses collected at an event and want to add them to the expressed permission list is this possible? All of these event emails would have read our privacy policy and opted in under GDPR. 

Thanks. 

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @BamideleQ,

Thank you for your reply. You should be able to select the expressed permission status for the contacts that you are uploading. Once you import them by file, you will be eventually asked to select which lists you want to add the contacts to. Right above the list selections, you have two options to select from. Select the expressed permissions and conclude the process of importing the contacts into the database. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Capture.png

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

Creating New Express Permission List

Hi

Like many I sent out the GDPR template in a campaign. My campaign contained multiple lists.

When I select a list and choose the Express permissions option it shows me the total number of Express Permissions obtained in ALL lists.

Question 1 - How do I see the number of Express Permission contacts in an individual list?

Question 2 - How can I then select them to create new GDPR compliant lists?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

CTCT Employee

Re: Creating New Express Permission List

Hi @OdeteV

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I hope you're having a really great weekend.

Those are really great questions. At this time, there isn't a way to view Express Permission by list, although it is feedback I'm happy to submit. In this case, you would want to Export each list with permission status and it would allow you to adapt your lists within the program you are working in. When you export, you will select Advanced Info to get the permission status.

You could then import them back into Constant Contact and create the new lists you would like. I hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything further. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Organizer

Re: Creating New Express Permission List

Hi, This is an urgent issue.  We need to be certain that we only send email to those who have given express consent.  I have several email lists, but there is currently no way to see/sort who in these list have given express consent.  This is a big problem for us.  

Please can you make it possible to sort email lists by express permission field so I can easily remove those who have not clicked the blue button.

Many thanks

Cori