Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expressed permission missing!

SOLVED
Occasional Organizer

Re: Creating New Express Permission List

Hi,

I have also tried as you have suggested and exported the lists, weeded out the implied, and imported back in.  It is a long cumbersome process, but does what I need it to do. Totally not the best way to do this and would like to know what plans are underway to improve this going forward. We must be able to choose within lists those who have given express permission and send to only them.  

More importantly, when I try to import users who have expressed consent in our member database, and choose that I have "express" permission to send to them - they are not being added to the express permission list within constant contact.   I have to go one by one and open the users profile and choose the express permission option.  I need to do this in bulk for all of the lists I have imported - they have all given us express permission in our other program.  

Our developers tried to do this via the API so that it would sync with our database, but were unable/restricted from doing so within cc.  Please advise.

Kind regards,
Cori

CTCT Employee

Re: Creating New Express Permission List

Hi @EACTS,

Thank you for your response. I do apologize for the inconvenience this process may cause. I can understand how beneficial it would be to one's time if we had a way to selectively only send to expressed contacts within a list. At this time, the list needs to be created manually in the account but our developers are looking into it and we are still collecting feedback to see how else we can improve our product for our customers.

In regards to doing a bulk permission change - at this time, we do not have the ability to do this. You will need to go into each contact individually in order to change their permission status. Once again, I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but I have tracked this request to your account to notify our developers about the possibility of having such a feature. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else. 

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
CTCT Employee

Re: Re: Creating New Express Permission List

Hello @EACTS,

Thank you for reaching out with your concern. If you enable Advanced Permissions, you'll see two new sections on your contacts tab: Implied and Express permissions. You can then use these sections to create a new list of contacts that haven't granted Express Permission so that you can reach out to them as needed. 

Please let us know if you have additional questions about that process. 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.