cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

FB "Join My List" App won't connect

Occasional Participant

FB "Join My List" App won't connect

I've added the "Join my list" app to my business FB page, but the second step, when you click on the app in FB in order to complete the connection, gives this error: 

We have lost our connection to Constant Contact. Please refresh your browser window.

I called customer support but they could not help. I've rebooted, cleared chache and cookies, deleted browsing history, waited an hour and tried again, etc., but still getting the error. Can anyone help?  

17 REPLIES 17

Re: FB "Join My List" App won't connect

Hi @ClaudiaAmberHeart

I'm sorry to hear you're receiving this error message! I would suggest trying a different browser or a private/incognito window. I also would suggest trying to connect your Constant Contact account under a different admin. This error message is something our engineers are looking into further. In the meantime, I would be happy to add you to a queue to be notified when this is resolved.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Thanks, Frankie. I have tried two browsers - Chrome and Safari - and also an incognito window, and it still didn't work. How do I try it as a "different admin"? I have one login for my constant contact account. Could you please explain? Thanks.

CTCT Employee

Hi @ClaudiaAmberHeart,

Thanks for trying other web browsers and a private/incognito window! We're sorry that you're still unable to add the Join My Mailing List app to your Facebook business page. Connecting with a different admin may help. This means you would add a co-worker or colleague as another administrator to your Facebook business page. You could then try to connect the Join My Mailing List app using their login credentials for Facebook. As Frankie explained, our engineers are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. If trying a different admin doesn't work then we can definitely notify you when it is fixed.

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

OK. Please notify me when it's fixed. Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hey @ClaudiaAmberHeart,

Welcome back to the Community! I will definitely make sure you are notified! Thank you for your patience while we resolve the issue. Have a great day.

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

Just FYI, it is still not working using all the tips suggested. Please keep working on this issue so that it works! Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hi @ClaudiaAmberHeart,

I checked on the status of this system error and our engineers are still working to fix it. I can confirm you're on the list to be notified when it's fixed. Thanks for your patience!

Nichelle M

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

I having the same issue and it's late March - I see this first individual notified CC in January! Really? Either fix it, or take the option down from you 'integration' page. Clearly, it doesn't work.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JoyM799,

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Your feedback is appreciated and I have gone ahead and added you to the email update list for this issue. Once all is resolved we will push out an automated email to the contact email address on your account.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!