cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook

Occasional Contributor

Facebook

Have you worked out the Social Share problem with Facebook yet? Is that something you are working on?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Facebook

Hello @MichaelW21

I'd like to get some more clarification about the issue you are having. Are you using our Social Share feature to share your email on Facebook? Are you seeing any error messages or do you have screenshots? Once we know more about your experience, we will be able to assist further.

Elizabeth Moneypenny
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Constant Contact informed us months ago that Facebook changed it's policy and that we could no longer use the Social Share feature to have the newsletter (email) posted to our personal Facebook page.  I believe it took effect as of July.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @MichaelW21,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you!  For the time being, Social Share will only be available to business pages on that platform.  They had released an update stating that this change was intentional on their part and their changes reach all third party applications that post to personal pages on behalf of the user.  A popular work around is to take The Permanent URL for an Email and post that directly to your wall.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!