cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False bounces?

Highlighted

False bounces?

I have been working hard to keep our 4,000 contact data base up to date for the past several months.

Whenever I get a bounce report from a new email, I go through and check every one and delete as applicable.

I have 2 problems:

1. I am getting random bounces every time from people I know are active and still have the same email.

What causes this? Some people have bounces all the time and still open the emails. Others I find multiple contacts that bounced an email on the same day, but never before or after?

2. The opposite problem - I check every week, but still end up with new bounces on the list that were not there the week before, yet when checked they show a history of bounces.

1 REPLY 1

Re: False bounces?

Hello @ChuckZ5. Thanks for coming into the Community! It looks like you reached out to us already about this but I wanted to reply here as well in case another Community member had questions about their bounces. There are many different reasons why a contact can bounce and for some contacts, it could a temporary issue with their ISP (especially if many of them have the same domain) and you shouldn't have to take any action on them as their ISP will fix the issue. However, if you see an email that has bounced a period of time and you know it is a good address, our Deliverability team would be happy to look into these addresses for you. Here is a link to their phone numbers and hours of operation. 

In regards to your second point, do you have an example of a contact that you did not see as previously bouncing but does show a history once you view their profile? If you can find one, please email this information to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this post and your username. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.