cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

{First Name} contact code isn't functioning correctly need this rectified ASAP!

Visitor

{First Name} contact code isn't functioning correctly need this rectified ASAP!

Hi there just paid 6 months upfront for constant contact and I'm having nothing but issues so far and its really starting to **bleep** me right off now.

Being a digital marketer and proficient with code I can confirm this is a bug and has been done 100% right on our end. We added the {First Name} code to personalize our clients emails to show there first name in the areas we wanted it to display, during the preview it looks fine, also a test email works fine as well. When we finally test one last time a live version to one email address the {First Name} code has reverted back to the backup letter we used in case a clients details weren't correct on file. How can the live version be different to the previewed and test email version?

I can confirm this isn't anything to do with the clients contact details as again "preview" and "send test email" work perfectly, only the live version fails. I want this resolved ASAP or ill be requesting a refund and moving elsewhere. I needed to get a message out urgently to our clients and now I'm at a standstill due to this!

Cheers  

1 REPLY 1

Re: {First Name} contact code isn't functioning correctly need this rectified ASAP!

Hi @user87939

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your email. I apologize you're having this experience when you're customizing your emails. Please email us email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, your campaign name, the email client you're using and a reference to this post. Once we have these details we can troubleshoot this further for you!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.