cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font and type different & illegible than original

SOLVED
Regular Visitor

Font and type different & illegible than original

Readers of our constant contact emails have reported that the font is illegible. Someone emailed me a shot and it is totally different than what I created. It is in script and mine is in print.
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Font and type different & illegible than original

Hi @DeviP4,

I'm sorry that the text in your email campaign is different, and we're glad you reached out about it! If the font you selected in your email campaign isn't available on your contact's computer or device, their web browser substitutes the font for one that is available. Web-safe fonts have the highest likelihood of being installed on the broadest array of computers and devices, so they are less likely to impact your email design. When you click the Font Style drop-down menu in the editor, the first section of fonts are considered web-safe fonts and the non-standard fonts are listed as "Other". You can try a web-safe font for better results:

2017-03-16_13-27-52.png

In addition, if you're copying/pasting your text from another source into your email campaign be sure to Clear Styles before editing it:

2017-03-16_14-02-07.png

If the text is still problematic, you'll want to copy the text and paste it first into a text editor to "strip out" or remove the problematic formatting. If you use Microsoft Windows, look for Notepad; if you use Apple, look for TextEdit as text editors are often included with whatever type of computer you have. You'll then just need to copy it from the text editor and then paste it into your email campaign.

As always be sure to preview your email and send a test version of it before sending it out to your contacts. Because a number of your contacts have said the font is illegible you may want to test it to different email clients such as Outlook, Gmail or Yahoo to see what it looks like in those programs. We also recommend checking it on mobile devices as well.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.