cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Font color keeps changing

Highlighted

Font color keeps changing

Hello, 

Every week we use a black background and white letters for our emails. For some reason the white letters are showing up purple once the campaign arrives in my inbox. How do I stop this? It looks extremely unprofessional and is very annoying after I took my time to make sure everything looked right, only to have it look completely different once it's published. 

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Font color keeps changing

Hi @SHIRIKIANAG

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I'm sorry you are encountering this when sending your email. I'm happy to take a look at the campaigns and see what might be causing the issue. Please email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and provide the Campaign name, which email client you receive the email in (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo), which pieces of the text you are seeing in the purple color, and any other details you think might be important. We will promptly address what might be causing this. If you have further questions you may reach out to us here. 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

I just had the same problem with an email that deployed today.

I tested this email quite a few times. Only one test showed some text in purple. When I tested it again, it was back to normal, but when it deployed, a different piece of text showed in purple.

Any consensus about what causes this? I want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Hi @RebeccaK693

So sorry you're experiencing this as well! We would be happy to help with  these font changes you're seeing. We do have a few follow-up question, for instance which email client are you using? Was any of your text copied and pasted? Are you viewing your emails through a mobile device or on a desktop? Did this happen with more than one email address? Or do you even have a forwarding system set-up between your emails? We have seen in the past where forwarding an email can cause formatting changes.

I took a look at your most recently sent email and was unable to see any color changes in both a test preview and a quicksend. So having these details and any screenshots you may have can allow us to  troubleshoot this further for you.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.