cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign characters/text support

Occasional Contributor

Re: Foreign characters/text support

I have the same problem. You should be able to support all defined character codes! I maintain a considerable web site in Honolulu, and can use Hawaiian diacriticals with no problem, but Constant Contact simply won't accept a ū and I see no reason you shouldn't be able to do this!

Occasional Visitor

Any solutions yet? I am also having difficulty inserting a ū in my Constant Contact campaign. Would appreciate instructions if it is possible. Thank you!

Hi @LeeB23 

Thank you for reaching out about your email. I can understand how helpful it would be to include this letter in your email. Have you tried the HTML workaround shared in this thread? You can paste any foreign language text into a converter tool in order to get this HTML. This thread focuses on adding special, foreign, and symbol characters in our older Legacy Newsletter Editor. However at this time we are only fixing critical issues on this older editor. Though we are not planning any further development at this time, I have tracked this feedback in the event that there is any change in the future. You also have the option of recreating your campaign in our newest Third Generation Editor. You can copy and paste these letters in this editor!

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.