cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Format changing when forwarding?

Occasional Participant

Format changing when forwarding?

Hello CC Wizards,

Why is it that that when I receive the e-mail from CC it looks like:Capture01.JPG

However when I then forward someone that e-mail, it changes to this:Capture02.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Format changing when forwarding?

Hi @ArronM5 

Thank you for sharing these screenshots here in the Community! They definitely helped to understand what you are experiencing. We have seen cases where forwarding or replying to an email can cause display issues within the email client. What email client was the email forwarded from? What email client was the forwarded email received at? Are you seeing this change will all emails or a campaign in particular? These are helpful details to have as we are continuing to troubleshoot this experience and tracking this information in your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Hi Frankie!

I used Microsoft Outlook to forward this message to someone in my company also using outlook. This seems to be happening to all e-mails.

Let me know if you have an other questions.

Tags (3)
Highlighted

Hey @ArronM5!

First, I love being called a wizard. Let's see what we can do!

We should have been more specific, though. My apologies. What version of Outlook are you/your office using? For example, I just sent a test of your email to myself and forwarded it to an Outlook 2010 account and I was not able to replicate the formatting issue. I appreciate your patience!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

No worries Nick. Thanks for following up. I am also using Outlook 2010.

Tags (3)

Hi @ArronM5 

Thank you for this clarification! As Nick mentioned we unfortunately were unable to replicate this same experience through Outlook 2010. At this time we also do not have a time estimate of when this will be resolved. We have however added this information to a ticket we have created in your account. We have also added you to our queue to be notified when this is resolved.

Frankie.P

Occasional Participant

No problem. Thank you so much for your help. Please reach out if there is anything I can do to help or clarify.

Tags (2)

Hi @ArronM5 

You're very welcome! We're always happy to help and make sure your emails are displaying properly. With that said, what operating system are you using? This is also another great detail to be added to the ticket under your account.

Frankie.P