cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Format lost when spell check clicked

Occasional Visitor

Format lost when spell check clicked

I had originally pasted in text in Arial. Later I reforatted to Arial Black.Anytime I selected a misspelled word and then clicked on the correction offered, the entire paragraph reverted to arial font. 

This has never happened before. Note: this was not evident earlier in the evening but did occur several times after your maintenance update from 11-12 Eastern on the 10th.

Kinda annoying. Going back to make sure other formatting  such as bullets is still intact. 

PatR Boomers Forever Club. 

3 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Format lost when spell check clicked

Hello @PatR585. I'm sorry that your pasted text was changing as you were editing it. May I ask where were you pasting the text from? Sometimes when text is copied and pasted, it can bring over its own source code that can create some difficulty when you are changing the formatting. If you tend to copy and paste text into your campaigns frequently, I suggest pasting the text into a text editor first and then pasting it into your campaign. Here is a link to our Help Center that describes this process a little more. 

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Visitor

I copied from unformatted text in Word. I do that all the time and have had no problem in the past. I could change fonts, bold text, etc., spell check, and it kept the format. This time however, if I right-clicked on a misspelled word, all formatting in the entire document was lost. It reverted back to arial, plain text. This has not happened in the past. 

I compose in word 2013, 12 pt Times Roman, no spacing, no indents, left justified. . I copy and past into CC and once there, usually use either Arial or Comic Sans. I bold  headings, increase pts., usually center justify them and also a line between paragraphs.

Perhaps you could try and duplicate the problem. It is annoying to have to go back and reformat the whole doc because I used spellcheck. Again, I have used CC for a year in the same manner and this only happened after your latest update. , 

CTCT Employee

Hi @PatR585

Thank you for providing your additional information. I did attempt to replicate your problem and was able too. The spell check option reverted the changes selected. I have submitted this problem up to our advanced technical support team so they may research the issue. I will provide them all the information you have given us and they will reach out to you within 3 business days. 

In the meantime, if you need anything else please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to help in any way we can. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact! Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!
Loading script asynchronously