cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Formatting is correct in some email clients, not all and in the browser view, is all messed up

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Formatting is correct in some email clients, not all and in the browser view, is all messed up

Hello,

I have a campaign I would like to send out. It looks fine on CC, but when I test the email, the formatting is messed up. It looks ok in my email client, but the other people I send it to as a test (who presumably have different clients or older clients) can not see some of the pictures and some of them see only text and no pictures. I feel like this could be an issue with different email clients and what they do and do not support, but I am not sure. I am using Outlook 2016. I think some of the people I send it to are using Outlook 2013 and I am not sure about some of the others. We have been testing the email in the web browser view as well, and the formatting is off. Some of the text is pushed up against the edge of the text box and it is formatted vertically down the page.  It looks funny. How can I resolve these issues?

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Formatting is correct in some email clients, not all and in the browser view, is all messed up

Hello @TanaF,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. Unfortunately it is unclear as to what exactly is happening to your emails. We will be glad to help if you would kindly email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with screenshots of the exact issue as it is happening on your screen. We will also need the username for your account and the name of the campaign that you are working on.

Thank you for your patience and we will be on the lookout for your email.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!