cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED

Difficulty with Image appearing correctly in Outlook

If I use the original dimensions of the jpeg.. 537x2567.. it's fine in all other email services except for Outlook. They said it was an isolated thing to Outlook. It completely cuts off the image. Any work around suggestions?
Regular Advisor

Hello Liana. You may want to start by reducing your image. Many spam filters will not allow emails with large images (or many images with little text) through to the inbox. Even if your image was perfectly displayed in your email, there is a good chance many of your readers will never receive it or will receive the text version instead. If you need the image that large, make a smaller version for your email and link to the larger one - Steve
Participant

Unless you resize the image prior to uploading Outlook 07 will show the image in its original size which will throw off the newsletter template
Occasional Participant

Preview of email appearing different to email

Hi, can anyone explain why when i am creating a newsletter and I look at the preview, the layout changes once I email it to myself?  ie, on the preview two photos were side by side but when i received the email they were one on top of the other, this makes creating newsletters and laying them out well, quite difficult as the system keeps changing where I put stuff. How can I stop this?
Highlighted

I struggle with this same problem, and not just with photos. Why does my newsletter look okay in the preview, but when it is emailed, it looks totally different? Spacing, etc. is way off.
All Star

That happens to me all the time. I was told it has something to do with Microsoft Outlook.
Honored Contributor

Folks, Many times this is an email client rendering issue an not a CC one. First question to all of you is, are you creating your work as custom HTML or using the CC templates? If you're using HTML do you test the output in a variety of email clients such as Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc? If so do they look malformed in all or just a subset of them? Regards, Tony
Contributing Solution Provider

All browsers and email programs have default settings that can change the appearance of your email, whether it is Constant Contact or any other program. Some have restrictions on images, fonts or width of the email. Outlook 2003 has different defaults than 2007 and 2010. AOL has restrictions on some image sizes. Emails view differently on Internet Explorer than Google Chrome (so do websites). For this reason I test all my clients' emails in several browsers and email platforms and then use a template that works best in all of them. Wishing you success.
Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Occasional Participant

Many thanks for all your comments, it would seem its a browser problem - its very annoying and time consuming - I do check the previews in different emails, ie microsoft outlook and hotmail, I am not sure there is an easy solution now.
Occasional Participant

How do you fix differences between Outlook and all other email displays?

I've noticed (with increasing frequency) major difference between viewing an email in Outlook, as a web page, in Hotmail and in Yahoo!.  Text may be aligned differently, different colors, and even different sizes.  When looking at the code, it all appears correct, yet I can't figure out how to make it look consistent for all email providers.  Any suggestions?