cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED

Re: Header Images Displaying Improperly in Outlook

HI @GaryB37

Can you emaill us with the username of the account this is happening in as well as the name of the email and we can test this out!

Please include a reference to this post in your email.

Thanks.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted

Green/Purple text

When I send my project out as a text email, my black main text displays green on my mobile devices, and purple on my desktop. I have a file where I didn't mess with the code at all, but this error still occurs. Does anyone know how I can fix this error?

CTCT Employee

Re: Green/Purple text

Hi Paulette,

Sorry to hear you are having display issues. I tested your email drafts on Gmail on my iPhone 5 and they appear as black text with the right colored links. Same results when tested on Outlook and Gmail on my desktop. 

What device are you testing on? And also what email client displays them differently? This way I can help you troubleshoot further. One thing you can try is to highlight the text and click "Clear Styles" in your block's toolbar. And test again from there. This should remove any hidden formatting in the text.

If that doesn't fix the issue please let us know. Thanks :smileyface:

Anna Navarro
Social Support and Community
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Visitor

Column Widths Different in Preview and Email View

Hello,

Not sure if anyone else run into this issue before - if I select a newsletter template that has two columns (1 thin left-hand column, and a wider "main" column) when I look at it in Preview, everything looks as it should. The problem is when I send a test email. I'm losing the column format, both columns become the same width so it displays as two columns with an equal width.

I'm sure I could've explained that a bit better, but hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about.

Thanks,

Andy

CTCT Employee

Re: Column Widths Different in Preview and Email View

Hello Andy,

I had the chance to review your newsletter and send a test to my multiple email clients. I was only able to see the issue you described when I opened your newsletter in Outlook. This is because Outlook treats emails as if they are Word documents, and sometimes large gaps and other "Word like" features may appear.

Luckily for us, I was able to easily correct this error by adding a space after each image on the left column. I saved my changes to emails "Revised Copy..." You will be able to see this draft newsletter under the Email tab

I hope this answers your question. Please let us know if this worked for you.

Thanks & regards,

Juan Ramirez
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Tags (2)
Visitor

Juan,

You are awesome! Thank you very much, that fixed the issue. That would make sense because when viewing it on the iPhone there were no issues. Can't thank you enough.

Thanks,

Andy

CTCT Employee

Andy,

You are more than welcome. I am happy to help!

Feel free to reach out to us at any time.

Regards,

Juan Ramirez
Visitor

I'm having the opposite problem as the previous poster. Same template--narrow column left, wide right. Looks good in Preview and in Outlook but the web version of the email has the columns wrong--wide column on left, narrow on the right. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Honored Contributor

HI Vednita, 

I took a look at your most recent email, the April one. And I saw that in the Webpage Version, that the Facebook and Twitter like buttons on the bottom left were displaying side by side.

I hit enter after Facebook to put a hard enter between them. Then when into the preview > webpage version and now it's back to the correct widths.

I will also respond to your email you sent into support. 

This was corrected in the T2 copy if you'd like to view it yourself.

Hope this helps!

Visitor

Well I am having that exact same issue and have not been able to solve the problem with your little trick.  Any other suggestions?