cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
CTCT Employee

Re: Font Color Changed in Some Versions of Email

Sorry to hear you were having trouble with formatting your latest email. Where it sounds like it only changed color on your desktop, you may need to make sure you update all colors through the Colors & Fonts option to match your styles, then add new blocks so you can see the changes reflected within them. 

global.PNG

Another option would be to clear the styles of the block completely and format them again. We have an FAQ here on how you could try this as well. 

Let me know if these work for you!

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Regular Visitor

Email Deisgn Not Accurate

To Whom It May Concern: I sent an email to all my customers (eXcel Promtion-Dealers Plus) and sent a test to be sure it was correct. The test looked perfect and had no issues with the blocks. When I scheduled the email to be sent to my customers they suddenly received something else. The bottom block was split in two and ended up being horizontal to each other rather vertical. The bottom design was originally grey and had company info. The email my customers received had a black line at the bottom with white text that only said "all rights reserved". This is a huge Constant Contact mistake and I hold you accountable for making the email not look as it was shown during the test email. I expect a response explaining the issue and what you are willing to do for Delta Mustad regarding this mishap. Best regards, Haaken
Tags (2)

Re: Email Deisgn Not Accurate

Hi @HaakenJ 
I am very sorry to hear this happened.  I see you called into support and got some information as well. This is a common problem with all email senders since every email client gets the email looking a little different. For example, Outlook won't display background images. I took a look at the email you mentioned and see that email is made of two large images. Are you seeing the image stretch off the page in some browsers or maybe go side to side instead? You mentioned the bottom block split in two, do you have a screenshot and email client of where this happened?

Thanks for your help,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
CTCT Employee

Help! Why is Outlook showing large gaps in my email?

Have you ever created an email masterpiece just to test it to your Outlook account and not see the same results in your preview? One of the issues I see most is when Outlook creates a large gap between content and images that are not visible in the editor.

How does this happen? Below I have the explanation.

Here is a newsletter I created in our editor:

nogap.png

As you can see I have no unwanted large gaps on the right side column. But then I send myself a test to Outlook, and this is what I see:

2015-03-02_1446.png

A gap I did not create! Outlook reads each email much like a word document. If a picture happens to fall at the end of the page, Outlook won’t split the picture in half but instead create something called a Page Break (which is the large white space you see above) and push the content down below the break.

How can you avoid this? Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

1. Make the images above the break smaller so the content will fit before the break.
  2. Move the image up within the block.
  3. Above the image you can increase text size to push the image down or decrease text size to pull the image up.
  4. Move the block the image is in away from the page break.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Do any posts in this forum look different from the account you have? Check out this post in our Toolkit forum

Amber Royal

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Occasional Organizer

Coding/Formatting bugs

I am working on my newsletter and I cant seem to figure out how to make it format correctly on the outlook 2013 appllication. The Preview and Test emails seems to appear normal on all other emails, such as gmail but I cant figure out how to format it correctly, specifically on the outlook application. It is currently a draft and is called "March - 2015 Newsletter OEM". Another issue is the formatting with content and images, because they are all scrambled when viewed on the Outlook application. Please Let me know what I can do.

Thankyou,

CTCT Employee

Re: Coding/Formatting bugs

Hello @PreferSolar_ 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing formatting issues, I know getting your email formatted correctly is important! Are you still experiencing formatting issues? I tested that particular email to Outlook 2013 as well and could not duplicate what you were experiencing. If you're still running into this problem, could you reply back with additional information on where exactly in the email you're seeing this problem? 

Thank you, 

Amber Royal

Honored Contributor

Re: Coding/Formatting bugs

Better yet, include a screen capture of the issue.

All Star

Social Share block glitch in Outlook

In trying out one of your new mobile responsive templates, there seems to be a glitch with the Social Share icon block when opened in Outlook on desktop. The block stretches out, adding many rows of lines that look like they contain the site URL's if you mouse over them. When I deleted the Social Share, the footer block works fine. Can this be fixed?
Tags (2)

Re: Social Share block glitch in Outlook

Hi @SusanC224,

I am sorry to hear this is happening. I took a look at your Summer newsletter and couldn't replicate what you are describing. I have Outlook 2010, can you check what version you are sending to?

Also, is this the block in question?

2015-05-13_14-16-14.jpg

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
All Star

Re: Social Share block glitch in Outlook

Hannah, we got in contact with your phone support and our questions were answered. It's Outlook 2007, by the way.

Thanks for your research and help!