cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
CTCT Employee

Re: Images cut off text in Microsoft Outlook

Hi @DirectorFRCA,

We're so sorry the text didn't display properly in your email campaign. I did some checking and it appears that some of our older email templates can experience this issue when viewing the email campaign in Outlook 2013/2016. The easiest way to fix it would be to enlarge the image in order to prevent the text from wrapping around it. You can also try using another email template altogether. As always, you'll want to preview/test your email campaign to make sure it looks great before sending the final version to your contacts.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

This has been issue for a while with the mobile template. I have been using right aligned images to get around it but its not ideal.

All Star
All Star

I am on a call with CC support right now. They say this is a known issue and the solution is to create a table and put the image in the left cell and the text in the right cell. Hopefully this saves someone else the 14 minute wait time I just experienced to speak with a customer service representative.

Regular Visitor

Converting all images to PNG did the trick for me. No need to use tables.

Highlighted
Visitor

The social media preset makes a messy layout

The default social media box looks like a long, tall, huge column in the preview email. It does not look like this in the window as I am editing.
Tags (3)

Re: The social media preset makes a messy layout

HI @SuF00

I am sorry to hear this is happening, can you tell me specfically which email you are looking at? Is this display just off in the preview or are you having trouble with the shared version?

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

I think this is the same problem I am having with the social media links. It looks fine in Preview in Constant Contact but is a mess in Outlook.

Hi @osbornegracegallery

I removed your attachment since it had your email address included but thank you for the detail.

What version of Outlook is this happening in? I can't replicate with your email named "September 2015" in Outlook 2010.

Thanks,

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Participant

Using Outlook 2013

HI @osbornegracegallery

Thanks for clarifying. We're aware of this in Outlook 2013 and working to get this resolved. The trick for the moment is to delete the block and add links manually instead.

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused and appreciate your patience, Would you like me to leave your case open to have you notified when this is resolved?

Thanks,

Hannah M.