cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Formatting different in Outlook?

Hi Scott,

I'm sorry to hear you're having formatting trouble with fonts. If you're working in a copy of a previously created email, I would suggest deleting the old blocks and adding new ones. Copied blocks carry over hidden, problematic coding that can cause discrepancies with the font.

I'd be happy to take a look at your email as well or you can call our Support for immediate assistance at 1-866-289-2101.

If you'd like me to take a look, please reply with the name of your email and the browser and version of the browser that you're using to view your email in.  It's always best to use Internet Explorer to view how Outlook will see it.

Highlighted

Overall Width?

I would like to create a Newsletter that has a wider width, at least 300 more pixels. I went into the CSS Style Sheet and changed this:

.TEMPLATEWIDTH{
    width:900px;
    }

.LEFTCOLWIDTH{
    width:250px;
    }

.RIGHTCOLWIDTH{
    width:650px;
    }

but nothing changed visually. Is 600px the max no matter what I do? If there is a way to override this can someone please tell me?
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Overall Width?

Probably not a good idea to go beyond 600 pixels, mostly due to mail clients, not Constant Contact.
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Overall Width?

I have created templates with widths >600 pixels and have not received any complaints about the format. It should show up in Constant Contact as full width. It does make it more tedious to edit depending on the template... Dave
Dave Watson
eXtra Contact
604-985-3283
dave@eXtraContact.com
Constant Contact Platinum Business Partner / Service Provider since 2006
Highlighted

Overall Width?

Hmmm, when I changed the CSS it didn't change the width in front of me even when I refreshed. I guess I'll need to try their tech support. I received an e-mail from the YMCA and it was about 900 pixels wide and looked great. Much better impact. I'm sure CC does their market research but 600 pixels wide sure seems kind of outdated since most monitors now have a much much wider screen resolution.
Highlighted
All Star

Overall Width?

You could try using spacers.
Highlighted

Margins

(I'm a total newbie so be gentle.)

I'm experimenting with setting up my first email.  I selected the Newsletter template from the Basic list.

Question: Can I adjust the width of the email page?  It seems very narrow on my screen.  I sent a test mail it to myself it seems very narrow in Outlook.  Lots of white space to the left and right of the borders.
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Margins

You can widen the email template by changing some values on the style sheet. I don't recommend this because not everyone has the same size screen. Even 600 pixels may be too wide for some mobile device users. Also, keep in mind many people use preview panes or web based programs that do not allow an email to be opened it a new window. These people may have to scroll horizontally to read your message. You should test it out before making any changes.
Visitor

Having issues with templates

Hi,

I have been using CC for the past 18 months or so and ever since the new site went up a few months ago, I have been having problems with the authoring tools. I try to remove spaces and they re-appear. When I contacted a tech they said I would have to rebuild all my templates from scratch to get ride of the problems. So I did create a brand new template and the problems are now worse than ever.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Having issues with templates

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the problems you're having with the editor. Are you copying and pasting formatted text? Whenever you copy and paste formatted text, coding carries over along with the formatting. Because of this, when you try to edit the text within Constant Contact,  you can run into problems.

What I would suggest is to paste your text as plain text. You can do this by follow these steps: Paste as Plain Text

You could also try adding a new block to the template.

If you have any other questions, message me.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!