cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
CTCT Employee

Re: Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

Hello @CSU-PA,

We would be glad to take a look at your email campaign to see if there might be someonthing going on with the template or content. Would you kindly send us an email with your username and the name of the campaign that you are working on along with screenshots of the problem? You can send this information to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com - Be sure to reference this post.

Thanks.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
CTCT Employee

Hello,

It can be very frustrating not having your email campaign display the way that you had designed it to. We do provide a feature within Constant Contact called Inbox Preview that will allow you to view how your email will display on five major email clients and devices. This will save you time by not having to send tests from your account to various email clients. For more information on the Inbox Preview, please click here.

With the addition of our new Third-Generation editor, the chances of emails displaying incorrectly in the inbox is reduced. The Third-Generation editor maintains a more steady appearance across major email clients especially when it is viewed on mobile devices. Also, with the addition of our new preview feature for the mobile device email display, you can view how the your email campaign should display on a mobile device. I hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I wish I could downvote this response. It almost sounds like this formatting issue was caused on purpose so you can sell a new $10/month subscription.

CTCT Employee

Hello @CareerSource_PBC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that your email campaign does not look the same in your email client compared to the preview mode. Sometimes your email will look different in certain email clients due to specific settings you may have. Also, if you copy and paste your text in your email campaign, that can cause formatting issues in your email client due to extra code being brought in. If you email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot) a screenshot of the issue you are having, the title of your email campaign, what email client you have, your username, and a description of your issue we can do some research to see what is going on. Thank you! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Visitor

Hi, I'm having a similar issue, but all of the links you provided seem to be broken or outdated. Do you have any updated information on how these emails can be designed to prevent these kinds of issues?

Marketing Advisor

Hello ChelsiC03

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry that the links are not working and that you are having this issue. I will provide you with an updated link to see what you can do to prevent this from happening. If you are not already using it I would also suggest our  newest editor which is designed to decrease and avoid these issues. 

Every email client displays emails differently but if you are still having issues please If you email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot) a screenshot of the issue you are having, the title of your email campaign, what email client you have, your username, and a description of your issue we can do some research to see what is going on. Thank you!