cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Valued Contributor

difference from preview mode to actual email

Not only can it be between the preview and test emails, but it can look different in the various email clients. We generally send a test too several clients, OWA, Outlook, and various Webmails to see that it looks okay.

Contributing Developer

What particular differences are you seeing? Are you seeing them in a particular mail program such as Outlook or a web based system?

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Us too. We understand that it is the various email clients interpretation of HTML but Outlook is the biggest issue. By differences we mean that a background might drop off, a box might overlap or text formatting might change. We're CC partners so we a lot of depth but for a client who is producing their own stuff, they should be able to rely on what they see - in the editor and preview - is what they get.

Occasional Advisor

Templates that work with Outlook 2007

Is there a list of templates that are more compatible with Outlook 2007, in regards to background image issues?

I am a total novice and have no knowledge of code or advance editing, yet I'd like to send out a newsletter that is as stylish and professional as possible.  What are my options?
Contributing Developer

Outlook 2007 use Word 2007 for its HTML rendering as opposed to past versions which used IE. Background image isn't supported in Word 2007. Here is a link to the MS site that explains this in more detail: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa338201.aspx

Occasional Advisor

Thank you for the information and I appreciate your patience. I bet it's the umpteenth time you've probably posted it, addressing this repetative issue. Let me ask my question a little differently in hopes of another answer. Q: Do all the templates offered by Constant Contact have background images? Are there none I can use that will appear the same as the created original when opened in Outlook 2007?

Contributing Developer

I would say "most" don't have background images.

All Star

Hi, I have been using Constant Contact for quite a few years and when Outlook 2007 came out; I have been quite annoyed to construct a campaign only to find the graphics don't show. Please provide a list of templets that are Outlook 2007 approved. Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Why does my email layout look different on differerent browsers or email clients?

I am using MS Entourage email client as reference to check for text & image layout of my email message. I became aware that if if look a it on a browser such as firefox, safari or explorer, layout looks different...text fields lose justification or margins get screwed up wherever an image is part of the box. How can asertain that what I compose in constantcontact will look the same in all browsers or email clients?
Valued Contributor

Why does my email layout look different on differerent browsers or email clients?

It would be very difficutl to produce html that would appear the same in all mail clients and browsers. We check in the most common, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. Generally, when using Constant Contact templates they look all look pretty good. You might also consider using the Webpage Version option to allow the person to click on a link to veiw the page. This at leasts solves the problems with the various mail clients.