cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Black text changes to white text

I have the same problem, but it doesn't just end with text color for me. Soemtimes, random lines will get indented and sometimes text size will change. I've mitigated the problem a little by making sure I change the text color in the global fonts and colors (left column when youre in edit mode) and by not copying and pasting anything (even text stripped through TextEdit or Notebook). But I still have a lot of issues. It makes my emails look so unprofessional. I have been doing what Clique Marketing suggested, and it's shocking how inconsistent the emails look after sent. Browsers and email servers all have an effect on the final product. I called to ask about it, and the support girl told me it's a problem they've had for a long time, and there's nothing I can really do about it.

Email images and functions not working in Outlook

I've just started using the HTML functions for creating emails. In sending tests to multiple ESP accounts, everything works fine except for Outlook. The emails I receive in Outlook are not visible nor are they functional. Big blank screen with the usual ConstantContact information and logo - which is fully functional below.

What am I doing wrong???

Both the email address and domain are saved on my safe list. Outlook is not prompting me to click to reveal images (Google and Hotmail are). 

There is no indication that links and images are disabled. Just a large blank area where the HTML code is.

The standard CC prompt to "view" the online version of the email is at the top. Clicking on the link shows a fully functional email.

Any help?
Contributing Developer

Scott, Outlook 2007 is historically crabby. It renders its HTML with the MS Word engine and not IE as previously done with OL 2003. You'll need to spend some time working through that and learning to code to the weakest link, which is usually OL 2007 For starters all your CSS needs to be inline, many of the form background options don't work. With OL 2007 its the KISS and TEST rule. Regards, Tony

I just was talking to someone about this very issue and gave him this advice (which, after 24 hours of crying and rocking back and forth in a corner of my office i finally figured out) !!!Remove the head tags in your code!!! I did this and voila! HTML rendered "properly" (as in images and styles appeared.. not perfect but a huge leap forward from yesterday when i was seeing nothing at all)

Occasional Participant

i'm drafting an emai, and the preview lks perfect but the samply email i sent myself looks completel different. why??????

every time i create an email, there are problems.  this is so frustrating i could cancel my account.
Occasional Participant

i'm drafting an emai, and the preview lks perfect but the samply email i sent myself

sorry, in my frustration i forgot to reread for spelling errors...

i'm drafting an emai, and the preview lks perfect but the samply email i sent myself

you are probably importing your own html and I was told email html is a little different so the code needs to be adjusted. I am having the same problem

I'm having the same issue. I'm not importing code but using their useless wisiwyg editor...it looks fine when I build it but when I send it to myself it changes font sizes, bolds items, every line is a little off ...I feel your pain and hope that you fix your problem. I'm really close to abandoning ship. I could see if only a few people were having issues but reading so many problems - how could so many people be having the same problem?

Coding HTML to work with email is one of the WORST tasks ever. It is probably the most tedious thing i've ever done so don't give up! Is html just not rendering at all? If so, remove your header tags. After a full day of pulling my hair out, i noticed none of the templates CC offers have header tags in them. So i removed mine and voila. HTML rendered. You might possibly want to blame your email provider. Currently i'm struggling with this issue. Outlook inserts bizarre spacing between my table rows, hotmail doesn't render images properly, etc.. Unfortunately i haven't found a solution for no 2 yet. And I'm tearing my hair out over it. But at least i think i've narrowed down the problem.

Centered HTML In Preview - Not Centered in Email Client

I have built an HTML-based email in Dreamweaver that includes a centered body. When previewing via the advanced editor in Constant Contact, the email body remains centered and looks great.

However, when I send a test email, the body is left justified while the constant contact information above and below remain centered. How can I force the HTML I created to stay centered.

I have tested this in Outlook and Gmail with the same issue.