cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Solution Provider

Re: Background Image not showing

The background will not display if you are looking at the email in Outlook. Outlook can't render image backgrounds.

Occasional Contributor

Formatting Issues

Hello everyone,

I am very new to all of this. When previewing (in an email) my template, the formatting does not translate well. It's not terrible, but lines are moved down especially when the text is wrapped. It just looks very sloppy, especially in outlook. Are there any tips to ensuring that the format remains as true to the creation as possible?

Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Formatting Issues

Hi Vanessa,

Is this when you send yourself a test email? What email client are you using to view the email with? Also, could you let us know if we have permission to access your account and what the name of the email is so we can test this?

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor

Yes, you can have access. It's the one titled Alumni Newsletter. The spacing and fonts are off when i send test emails. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Hi Vanessa,

I had an engineering rep take a look at your email and the problem has to do with the way Outlook is rendering your email.

We noticed some subtle differences between how the browser displayed the email and how Outlook displayed the email. This can happen because a browser and email client both interpret the HTML in your email differently which can cause display issues when rendering it.

Unfortunately, this is an issue with rendering and not a problem that we can fix.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Image formatting problems

When I create my email, it shows that I have spaces between 3 images. When I send myself a test email, the images are right next to each other with no spaces between. I have tried increasing the padding and giving each image it's own block, but it doesn't help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Image formatting problems

Hello,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with spacing between your images on your sent email.  What email client are you viewing?  Did you test more than 1 email client ( Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail) or just 1?  Do I have your permission to log into your account and take a look at the email?  If I do, please let me know the name of the email. If you'd like immediate support, please call 1-866-289-2101 or you can jump into Live Chat

Occasional Participant

I am using Outlook. You have permission to view my account. It is the two most recent "cupcake" emails. One has all photos in one image block, the other has separate image blocks. Both result in no spaces in the test emails.

Honored Contributor

Thank you! I'll take a look now and send some tests to myself!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for hanging in there for me. It appears that Outlook wasn't viewing the coding. So I added <br> "break tags" following the first and second picture.  Then I sent a test to my Outlook and now I can see spaces.  I also sent test emails to my Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail accounts, where the spaces always displayed.  My adding break tags did not affect those.

Send yourself a test email of the email named "mwcopy...." and let me know if all is well on your end! :smileyface:

Thanks