cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Contributing Solution Provider

Centered HTML In Preview - Not Centered in Email Client

Make sure your html is in agreement with the CSS settings.

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.

Centered HTML In Preview - Not Centered in Email Client

What exactly do you mean by this?

Occasional Visitor

Re: Centered HTML In Preview - Not Centered in Email Client

That's not an answer. CSS settings are in agreement the moment you set up the page in Dreamweaver.  You cannot have an image (or a block of HTML) un-centered and have it's CSS designation say "centered".   Not possible.

I have the same problem.  Centered in the preview, but not in the actual sent email.

If the preview is showing the HTML correctly, then the emails should follow suit.

I SMELL A BUG!!!!

Re: Centered HTML In Preview - Not Centered in Email Client

Hi Brent,

Sorry to hear this is happening. Since this is a bit of an older thread I am happy to take a look. What is the name of the email you are working on and what email client are you sending to?

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor

Extra lines in TOC when I send a test email

I added a table of contents box to my e-mail. When I'm previewing in CC, the TOC looks perfect. When I send a test e-mail to myself, extra line breaks show up in the TOC box. I don't know how to work on this since I can't see the HTML for the TOC box.

Any ideas? I've uploaded pics to show what I'm talking about.
All Star

Re: Extra lines in TOC when I send a test email

I have the same problem and was told by CC that it's an Outlook 2007 issue.

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply JG! Well, if that's the case, it's also an Outlook 2010 issue.

Honored Contributor

Hi Amy and JB, I'm taking a look at this now. I will update when I have more information. Thanks, Marissa W. Community & Social Media Support Representative

Honored Contributor

Hi guys,

Amy, the new email you can use in your account is titled "Revised of Winter Independence 2011". What I had to do is use an article block, (you can do this actually with any block respectively) and created Anchors. Then I went into the html code view for the block and added break tags to create the double spacing. Break tags look like this: < br > but there is no spacing in the tag.

What is causing this to happen in Outlook only is that when Outlook created Outlook 2007 and higher, they chose to use Microsoft Word rendering as opposed to Internet Explorer rendering, which is what they used for the earlier versions of Outlook. Browsers carry much more HTML/CSS support then Word.

Outlook is rendering the div tags as double spacing. When you use break tags instead, it will render properly.

I hope this helps both of you. I have put the FAQ below on how to insert anchors. Just copy and paste the URL into your browser to be taken to the FAQ.

FAQ for Anchors: http://conta.cc/hiphxd

Let me know if you have any other questions! Marissa

Main Article Block contains Extra White Space

When I view the email, ConstantContact has added a large amount of white space between two Main Article Blocks.  That white space is not seen in the Preview window.  This is occuring with only one block.

Any ideas?