cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
CTCT Employee

Re: Dear Constant Contact: Before you make any more upgrades, please fix your formatting!

Thank you for your candid feedback, Patrick. A lot of the features that we have on our product road map have come from customers such as yourself. You’ve brought up some good points and I’ll see what we can do to address them in the future. Keep the ideas coming!

Thanks,

Mike Karampalas

Product Manager

Occasional Participant

Re: Dear Constant Contact: Before you make any more upgrades, please fix your formatting!

you can't copy and paste - are you **bleep**ing kidding me

Honored Contributor

Hi Trisha,

You can copy and paste in our email editor.  It's best to first paste into Notepad if you're copying from an outside source like Word, as Office products tend to bring over coding that can be problematic in our system, and then pasting into the product.  You can click on Options in the block first > paste without styles - and then paste into the block.  If you're working in a copy of an email, try adding a new block and then pasting your content in there as copied blocks tend to also keep problematic coding from previous edits.

If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know or give Support a call at 1-866-289-2101.

Visitor

Yes, I agree.  I call it the DEVIL WITHIN....I waste so  much time with this editor and now comparing to find something that works better.  I am thoroughly disappointed and question how it is getting such good reviews.

Visitor

I have heard this same dialog.  Basically it comes down to retypring TOO MUCH!

Why does it have the availability to copy when there are problems copying?

Regular Visitor

Re: Having issues with templates

I'm just curious why Constant Contact has so much trouble with copying / pasting from Word.  There are many other email programs on the market that seem to handle that pretty well.  I'm also frustrated that background images will not display in Outlook.  In fact, alot of my emails do not display well in Outlook.  since that is the most common email program, I wish that Constant Contact would be more compatable.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Word has formatting behind it that can sometimes cause issues with display in other email clients. It has to do with the way HTML is rendered and the way Word is rendered.

The issue with background images in Outlook is universal. This is not specific to Constant Contact. All emails that contain background images will not display correctly in Outlook 2007 and on.

If you are having specific problems with an email, let us know or call 1-866-289-2101.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

One "work around" is to copy from Word to notpad and then copy again to Constant Contact. 

Because MS Outlook uses MS Word to display an email, everything is broken into pages and that gives you the same grief that inserting a photo into a word document does. The best answer for that is to send yourself a lot of proofs to be sure your photo is in the right position.  Resizing the photo and adding or decreasing padding hleps too.

Just some thoughts.

Sincerely,
Ray Higgins
Cybermail Marketing
ray@cybermailmarketing.com

Re: Width and Formatting Issues in Outlook

It looks like we're having the same issue when trying to view our emails in Outlook 2007. We've played around with the formatting in Constant Contact to solve most of the disply issues, but now the main thing is the top logo, which should be alligned left; it appears almost centered in Outlook. The emails in question are Summer 2012 EBlast Template-4 Articles and Summer 2012 EBlast Template-3 Articles. Any help would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Width and Formatting Issues in Outlook

Hi,

We were able to correct both emails. The code for the block was incorrect. The image was aligned left but the text was aligned center. We fixed this in the copies we made.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!