cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Participant

How do you fix differences between Outlook and all other email displays?

Outlook renders differently from web based email clients - Outlook 07 won't render many tables or special characters correctly - it will also show all images in their original sizes - I get around it by keeping things simple, bullets, bold, italics, with relevant images tossed in

Email in Outlook Appears Differently

My email looks the same in Thunderbird, Mac Mail and Outlook Express but colors change in Outlook. Does anyone know how to fix that? For example, I have a light beige background with dark green text but in Outlook the beige turns to dark green, making my green text almost unreadable.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Annette
Occasional Participant

Email in Outlook Appears Differently

I'm having the same issue, and the frequency is increasing. I try to pick new templates (rather than re-using/updating an email) and still get those issues. It doesn't make sense even if you look at the code and unfortunately it seems to be an issue Constant Contact can't fix because it's a "Microsoft issue."
Visitor

Missing Text when viewed in Outlook

I have noticed that when I send out longer messages (about 2 or more printed pages) that a line appears when viewing the message in Outlook. The line has shifted text so that at least one or two lines of the message is unreadable.

I create all my messages in html and don't use complex formatting (paragraph tags with some bold and italics thrown in).

Is anyone else seeing this issue, and if so have you found a remedy?
Visitor

I forgot to mention that this issue only seems to appear in Outlook.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Jim, Outlook uses the MS Word HTML rendering engine and you might be picking up a problem with it. Does it break in the same spot all the time? If so try putting in some while space or page breaks. Perhaps you can make a PDF out of the email and place a link to it from your newsletter. That way you could use what ever formatting you wanted and not be restricted to HTML either. Regards, Tony

My preview looks one way and the emailed product looks another?

preview email is different from sent product
Honored Contributor

Dorothy, Can you be "a lot" more specific? Whats different, what are you looking at your email in? GMAIL , OutLook? Regards, Tony

sorry, what I do is look at the finished product in constant contact login from yahoo? then I email a finished product to myself and get a different product. I am viewing it in yahoo att mail.

I am experiencing this EXACT same issue. I work with constant contact while using Mozilla Firefox. I alter the code to my liking, adding background images in the style sheet and everything works fine. When I send myself a test email in firefox it opens flawlessly! But, however when I read that SAME exact email in another browser like Internet Explorer 8, the images do not show (just the image box) , the css code for the background images does not seem to work either. It is VERY annoying because how am I to know how many of my contacts actually use IE over firefox?