cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED

Re: Formatting issues with Outlook 2010

Hi, 

Thanks for the link, the email looks great in Firefox and Chrome when clicked. Can you send a test of this email to social_support@constantcontact.com so we can test it out in Outlook directly. I apologize that this has been an issue previously, Outlook can be trciky as it renders emails a little differently than other email clients. 

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Thanks for your help, Hannah.  For everybody else looking for solutions to column spacing mismatches, keep in mind that single column templates don't work with multiple columns, no matter how much you try to force them. 

Occasional Participant

I am having the same issue with Outlook 2010. It looks great on the web, but terrible and  unprofessional in email. It Jumbles everything!!  Is there somethign I can do to my newsletter?  I sent one out in March and it was fine. Now all of a sudden I cannot get it to cooperate!!! HELP....please!

All Star

I've talked to CC about it and their response was, "That's the way it works, deal with it." Most frustrating.

HI Cathy,

I am sorry to hear this. Outlook is a little bit of a challenge as it renders differently but we are always able to help resolve any problems you have. Feel free to share any specific problems and the name of the email, we are happy to take a look.

Here's an FAQ on how emails look in Outlook 2007 & 2010.

Thanks,

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Hi Rachel.

I am sorry to hear this is happening. Outlook can be a little bit tricky as it renders emails differently than other browsers. I'm happy to take a look for you if you can let me know the name of the email you are sending. Also, just confirm that we have permission to take a look. Don't worry, we'll work in a copy so your original will remain untouched. 

When you say you can't get it to corporate, is it not being delivered to them? Thanks!

Hannah M.

Occasional Participant

Oh, no. I is being delivered (well, I have had no issue in the past). I like to test the email before sending it to others. When I send it to myself, the pictures are misaligned, and it throws off the entire email. It looks terrible. In the HTML view, it looks fine. I work with a lot of schools and government employees who all use Outlook.

This did not happen to my last letter. I do not know what changed for this to happen. I copy the previous newsletters and make small changes to it. That is all. I did make buttons this time though, but that should not have affected the rest.

You have my permission to look at my newsletter. It is AUW Quarterly Newsletter dated 6/19/13.

Honored Contributor

Hi Rachel,

Outlook views emails like Word Documents and this can cause emails to be viewed with page breaks. I would suggest using the table option and inserting your image into a table. 

Here is a video on how you can insert a table.

And also here is a post we wrote on inserting a table.

I hope that helps!

Occasional Participant

Re: Width and Formatting Issues in Outlook

I'm having a lot of trouble with Explorer myself. I am using the template "Holiday - Holiday I." Everything works great in Safari & Firefox. I am on a Mac and Outlook is rendering everything fine as well. When the PC people here view the e-mail they understandably can see the background image but when they cick the link to view the e-mail on the web, the column widths are wrong. This causes the right hand column to be wider that in turn causes partial text wrapping. The best I can figure out is that Explorer is over riding the set column widths and is rendering the columns as equal widths. 

Is there a workaround?

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Width and Formatting Issues in Outlook

Hi,

I'd try taking a look at the email in all Internet Explorer if you can. Each browsers render HTML differently which can sometimes cause display problems. If you'd like us to take a look, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"