cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
CTCT Employee

Re: Formatting Issues with Outlook 2010

Hi Brad.

This is a problem that does crop up from time to time, caused by Outlook's somewhat literal interpretation of the HTML. In this case, the two images in the right-hand column have their alignment set to the right, which is forcing the text up next to them on the left. I have put an email on your account that has fixed this issue. Please feel free to use it.

If you have any questions, let us know and we'll be happy to help you out.

Jeff Gilson
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Thank you - much improved.

Is there any addiitonal adjustments you can make?

See attachment where there's still some spacing issues.

Brad

HR Flash v2.jpg
CTCT Employee

I've checked into these last few issues and made a new email for you. There was a space after the header image that was forcing the rest out of alignment.

I've noticed that you are testing the email by scheduling it to send to a small testing list. I'm not sure if you are aware, but there is a test email function within the email editor. Check out our FAQ article on previewing and testing your email.

Jeff Gilson
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Participant

Re: Width and Formatting Issues in Outlook

I am also having outlook issues. I am using one of the provided templates and everything looks fine when I preview it. But when I sent myself a test email, the format widths are different, causing the email to look funny. Is there a way to resolve this?

HI Dean,

It's hard to say exactly what is happening without looking at the email. Outlook renders emails differently from other email clients so it can be a little tricky.

If you are working in Outlook 2007 or 2010 we've got an FAQ with some common issues. 

Can you let me know the name of the email you are working on and that we have permission to take a look? Don't worry, any edits will be made in a copy so your original will be untouched. Also, do you know the version of Outlook you are using?

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Participant

I would appreciate you looking at it. It is the most current one on my email list. Thank you for your assistance!

Thanks Dean. Can you take a look a the email called "CCSchmersal July 2013" and see how that looks? I noticed that the right column was stretching so to resolve this I removed one block at a time to determine it was one of the logo blocks. I just replaced the block and the image to fix!

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Participant

That is so much better! Thank you for your assistance!

You're welcome, happy I could help!

Hannah M.

Occasional Participant

Header Images Displaying Improperly in Outlook

Hello,

Ever since I began using Constant Contact several months ago, I have been experiencing issues with the display of 'full images' in Outlook. No matter what I've tried, when sent to outlook, the image does not fill the entire area. I've attempted adjusting image sizes, utilizing the 'fit to block' feature, and in some cases altering the background color to blend better. This is not an issue I have with Gmail, only Outlook at this time.

This has also been an issue for nearly all of our full images we've used for headers across our template family - each of which follows the same characteristics.

Is there a solution to this issue? I've read up a few things on this and have tried to adjust accordingly with no success.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Julie

EmailFullImage_Outlook.JPG