cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Solution Provider

I'm losing formatting when sending out a custom template

I called Constant Contact support on Monday and they didn't know what the problem was either. My client is NOT happy and I'm the one hearing the complaints! But, since you mentioned that you've heard about this problem 3 times already, I think I'll call CC one more time... most likely others have called in about it and had now have a solution. Thanks for responding so quickly! Much appreciated! Eydie

Eydie Stumpf
Constant Contact Authorized Local Expert
Terra Media Marketing Group
info@terramediamarketing.com
Valued Contributor

Good luck. And please let us know what happens. there are others needing a solution. Also, Constant Contact may be aware of the situation, but companies like this don't like to admit it until they have a solution which may take some time.

I just joined last week and simple copy and paste from MS-Word, Adobe Indesign, or Wordpad all come out tweaked. Glad I only signed up for a month so far.

I've had the same problem since we updated to Outlook 2007. The formatting does not hold but looks perfect in other email applications, e.g. gmail, yahoo, etc. Very frustrating. I don't think the templates are compatible with newer Outlook. Never had that problem until now.

I wasn't having a problem with this myself until very recently. I take it this issue has not been resolved...

Losing side of sent email

Last night I sent out a newsletter.  It looked good in every view on my computer.  People are complaining today that the right side of the newsletter was cut off.
Valued Contributor

Losing side of sent email

There are limitations of some email clients that make it best to keep your emails to 600 or less pixels wide. Even if your template is within that size, putting pictures in that are too large can extend the width and cut it off for some viewers. It is a good idea to send a preview (in the preview screen) to yourself at several different email addresses that you can check. Trying an Outlook address, Yahoo, and Gmail should give you a pretty good idea of what your recipients will see.

Occasional Participant

When sending my mail to outlook 7, all the blocks become one. what to do?

Valued Contributor

What do you mean, that all the blocks become one. The blocks are mainly for editing.

Occasional Participant

On the editing screen and on the web I can see each block as separate but when opening the newsletter on outlook, all the blocks seems like one- the background between the blocks is not visible. Also one block breaks in the middle and seen only at the bottom of the mail