cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Visitor

Outlook not showing all images.

I am having a problem with an email I have been using for almost a year now. Recently it decided to stop displaying the header image for some readers. If I place the header image in a different location in the email template it shows up. Some people see the header image, some peopel see a blank box for the header but other images within the email are visible. What could be the problem? Is it the file type? Is the template corrupt? Is it possibly on the readers end and not constant contact?
Valued Contributor

It could be any of the above. It is always a good idea to turn on the "Webpage Version" option in the "Email message settings". This will provide a link at the top of your email that says "Having trouble viewing this email - click here". You can actually change what it says to anything you like.

Honored Contributor

You didn't mention where the image is stored? If its stored on the CTCT image library perhaps you might wish to delete the image and re-upload it and use the new URL in your email OR try hosting it on your website and relink it to that location.

You'll need to check that the image is not a background image (outlook 2007 users wil not see background images either in the body or in a table cell) Are you able to check if this issue comes up only on certain email clients? you can check very easily by loading your email into www.emailonacid.com and testing the results. Regarding the image, you'll need to make sure it is in RGB format and hosted on a server that is not blocked. If you post a link to your mailer online, I'll take a peek and see what the issue is. Pixi.

Occasional Participant

Does anyone else have issue in regards to formatting in Outlook?

I have set up and designed an email which looks fine in the preview but when I send a test to my outlook email address the formatting changes. Bold font is changed, the font used alters. Tect size changes etc. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
Valued Contributor

Are you using a template or your own code? There are lots of reasons for possible formatting issues. The more specific information you can give about the problem the more likely someone here will be able to help you.

Honored Contributor

Are you using inline CSS?

Occasional Participant

I was using a template and simply changing the text and adding images in the design view. I am by no means an HTML or CSS wiz. The issue is really that in the web view or in yahoo etc is fine, it is Just outlook that seems to change font, bold and unbold text etc. The etx will all be put as Ariel in the design view and shows as such in all but outlook where it may coime out as Times New Roman. Any ideas? I have noticed this problem with a few email campaign systems so it is by no means a Constant Contact issue.

Occasional Participant

I'm having a similar issue but not with images (those look fine in preview mode and when sent via test email to outlook 2007 address I have to right-click to download images and then they look fine)... My issue is with the default "High Tech" template... I've changed the global colors from Olive to Navy but when viewed in outlook the heading bars are all still green... although when viewed in gmail, aol, etc. they appear as viewed in the preview which is navy blue... any ideas??? I've chatted with CC and was simply told that there are issues with Outlook 2007 and beyond... Isn't that a major player in enterprise e-mail... how can they not be fully compatible...

Visitor

I have terrible problems with the formatting - I usually have to send myself 20 more more preview emails before I get it corrected! Photo borders do not show up in Outlook, and text moves around. I called Constant Contact about this and spoke to a Tier 2 support technician; I was told it's a problem with Outlook - that it is not compatible with CC formatting. CC is trying to work this out, but in the meantime it's a huge headache. I won't send an email unless it looks right in Outlook since it's used by 99% of our customers. I am ready to look for an alternate email program.