cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting problem when forwarding in desktop Outlook

SOLVED
Advisor

Formatting problem when forwarding in desktop Outlook

Any idea how to solve this problem? When I forward this email (using the "Class Schedule" template), the bottom border grows in height and obfuscates the links in the footer. It doesn't happen in web Outlook, but does when I forward from desktop Outlook. 

footer-formatting-when-forwarded.png

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Formatting problem when forwarding in desktop Outlook

Hi @amyloo,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot of the issue you are experiencing. I just want to confirm you only see the issue when the email is forwarded? I tested this in a couple different email clients and I was not able to replicate the issue. However, formatting changes like you describe can happen when an email is forwarded from one email client to another. Once an email is forwarded the code making up the email is altered by the sending email client, not Constant Contact, so it can sometimes appear different on the other end. That said, even when I forwarded the email campaign I did not get the same issue. Can you let me know what version of the desktop Outlook application you are viewing it in?

Elizabeth Moneypenny
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Advisor

Thanks, Elizabeth. I'm nearly ready to stop worrying about it just for the forwarders, but it would be great if designers would keep the problem in mind when making new templates. 

It forwards fine when I forward from web Outlook. The problem is when I forward from desktop Outlook. Version is Microsoft office Professional Plus 2016. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @amyloo,

Thanks for that additional information. We certainly value your feedback. I will forward this information on to our developers. Feel free to come back if you have any questions or concerns.

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I'm having the same issue, do not know how to solve it.

On a mac the campaign looks fine however on a pc/ outlook mail the content shifts.

Screen grab attach. Any feed back will be great appreciated.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 1.52.49 PM.png

CTCT Employee

Hello @MitchellL08,

Thank you for reaching out to us.  I see that you have also sent us an email, so I will be having a look in the account and replying there!

Briody_W

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!