cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding a campaign/newsletter in Outlook

Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

Forwarding a campaign/newsletter in Outlook

Hi all, longtime listener, first time caller...

I've noticed when forwarding, or if someone in our organization responds to an internal campaign newsletter, Outlook tears the design apart and it looks a mess. The original looks great, but any activity after that initial send is a disaster. 

Any idea why this is? I guess it's not really a huge problem, but in the event an individual's "first contact" with one of our newsletters comes from it being forwarded, they're going to think we don't know what the heck we're doing.

Any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

J

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Forwarding a campaign/newsletter in Outlook

Hi @JayZ218!  

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community.  I’d be happy to assist you today.

Depending on the email program you are using, forwarded emails can act a bit differently than regular emails you receive.  A lot of email clients will forward your HTML email and keep the formatting completely intact. However, some programs will break the code used to generate the original email, causing it to appear in the new recipient's inbox as a jumbled mess or raw code. Sometimes, it's not even the email client that's breaking the forwarded email, it's the email server. Email servers have been known to break or alter the email's underlying code, which can potentially destroy your email design. Unfortunately, because this happens on the recipient's end, we can't do anything about this.

I did find a link that has some helpful tips on Outlook settings that might help.  Just so you know this site link is not owned and operated by Constant Contact - it takes you to a site on the Internet: https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1957377-emails-sent-from-outlook-losing-their-formatting

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Tags (3)