cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent crashes while building a new campaign

Highlighted

Frequent crashes while building a new campaign

This week, and now especially this evening, I have had frequent (>4) crashes, that unexpectedly killed Safari.  First I wanted to copy a campaign, then edit it to make a reminder one.  It refused to let me name the new campaign - it crashed about the 10th letter into the name. Twice in a row.  

'I rebooted the machine (warm boot) once, in case something was amiss with Safari.  Well, maybe.

I finally got it copied with a much shorter name, so I could do my edits.

It crashed, with a CC msg 'you need to refresh your web page' twice.  I learned to save every sentence or small change.

When I got through, I thought to remake the name of the campaign into my usual format.  No such luck.  It crashed after I called up the name to change it, after I added a few letters.  Enough, I'm going to bed.

My Mac:  Mac Pro, MacOS 10.12.6

Safari:    11.0.1

Can you make any suggestions for how to trace, or fix, this?  It's getting very old.

Jay

Can you suggest

1 REPLY 1

Re: Frequent crashes while building a new campaign

Hi @JayW514

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and including all of the details that you have! I am sorry this is the experience you've had trying to work in your emails. Are you working in the most up-to-date version of your browser? Or have you tried a private/incognito window in your browser? We always suggest to first check these two details in case it is something browser-related. Also, do you have a security program or ad blocker running on your computer? If so, have there been any changes or updates to your computer’s security program?  If you do have a security program running or it has been updated, we also suggest whitelisting Constant Contact's website with your security program. Taking this step can help make sure your security program doesn't interfere with you using Constant Contact.

Please feel free to email us the answers to these questions or if you are still coming across this experience after trying our suggestions. We can be reached at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with these answers, your username and a reference to this post.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.