Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration with 3G editor

Highlighted
All Star

Frustration with 3G editor

Hello Constant Contact community, 

The 3G editor helps us create beautiful emails that are mobile-responsive in a way that the 2G editor was not. However, I am growing increasingly frustrated with how many important features are missing from the 3G editor, such as segmenting send lists through tags, using anchor links, and being able to send emails as templates to name a few.

Should I just continue using the 2G editor and sacrifice some of the email's beauty in order to get rid of all of these headaches? Eager for your thoughts.

Thanks,

Meital

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Frustration with 3G editor

Hi @LeahM90609

I apologize for the experience you’ve had with our Third-Generation Editor. You are correct. There are some differences in the features offered in this editor, the ability to use anchors links being one of them. There are a lot of email clients and mobile devices that no longer support anchor links which is why the feature is no longer available. I took a peek at your account and can see you currently have over 10,000 contacts. At this time accounts with over 10,000 contacts in it do not have the ability to limit by tag when scheduling an email. I apologize for this inconvenience as I can see how this would be useful to you. We are collecting feedback on this.

As for saving your emails as a template, there is a workaround we suggest. This workaround would be to create an master template where the basics are set up, like your logo and branded colors. You want to make sure this email has no specific information in it. You'd then leave it as a draft, and copy off of this draft so it’s a new email ready to go every time. You can even put this email in a folder to make it easier to find if necessary.

I can understand why you want to continue working in our Second-Generation Editor to access these particular features. We are always looking for ways to improve your experience with our product.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Re: Frustration with 3G editor

Thank you for the response Frankie. I'm not looking for workarounds, I'm looking for solutions and so I truly hope that this feedback gets us closer to solutions faster.

I'm still eager to hear from others utilizing constant contact on their thoughts on the 2G editor vs. the 3G editor so feel free to chime in!

Best,

Meital