cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDPR Consent

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

GDPR Consent

You cannot edit the consent request box on Constant Contact's own GDPR template for requesting resubscription.   "Yes, continue sending me emails" is the wrong wording in my opinion to coax contacts to resubscribe.  I therefore created my own consent request link box with "embedded segmentation", a landing page on my website to advise successful resubscription and a new contacts folder on Constant contact to collect the "embedded" newly resubscribed contacts.   Surely this is the same and will be as legally acceptable as using Constant Contact's own template?

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: GDPR Consent

Hello @SamHolmes,

Thank you for reaching out to us about following GDPR processes. I've checked with our Compliance team and in this situation we cannot say for sure if that is legally acceptable.  We would advise that you check with their legal counsel as they will be able to address that better. 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.