cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDPR Opt in or unsubscribe email.

All Star

GDPR Opt in or unsubscribe email.

Hi, I have had a look through the support pages and a lot of google searches and I can not find a definite answer to my question so I thought I would ask on here.

This morning I sent our company GDPR "opt in" email using the Constant Contact Template. Some of our customers have have opted in, some have unsubscribed but 95% of them have not opened the email yet.

What is the correct way to deal with contacts who do not open the email?

All contacts on our mailing list's have been added over the last few years either through the newsletter signup (enter email address and click sign up) on our websites or when they register on our websites.

thanks

Dan

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: GDPR Opt in or unsubscribe email.

Hi @MelanieJ1,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. That is a good question! In instances such as these when the contacts have not opened the email campaign, we suggest to reschedule the email campaign to the contacts again. In this case, we are referring to the GDPR template. I suggest that you turn on your Advanced Permission settings to have the Implied vs Expressed Permission contacts display in your contacts management page. To do this, click on the name displayed to the top right side of your Constant Contact screen. Then, select the My Settings option. Scroll down until you see the Contact Settings section to the left and check off the checkbox where it says "Enable advanced email permissions." This way, you can view and add all your implied permission contacts to a particular list and you can schedule the GDPR template again to the contacts who have not opened nor have "opted in." By doing this, you can ensure to be sending only to the contacts who need to give the expressed consent to continue receiving your mailing. And anyone who  gives expressed consent will be added to the expressed permission status. For more information on this, please click here. I hope this helps. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

Hi Lucas, many thanks for the reply. That clears things up a lot for me. Thanks

CTCT Employee

Hi @MelanieJ1,

I'm glad that helped! Please reach out to us if you have any further questions!

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing