cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDPR Template

Occasional Contributor

GDPR Template

Hi

I've used the CC GDPR template to communicate with our database.

I can see the opens but there are no clicks at all. I sent this to our own workforce as well as customers and know that people have clicked, including myself, however this is showing as 0% clicks. 

Does anyone know what's going on? The mail was sent Thursday 26 April.

Thanks.

36 REPLIES
Highlighted

Compliance with European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

I have recently used the template set out for GDPR. Was just wondering how I know if my customers have agreed for me to keep sending them emails. I can see who has unsubscribed and who has opened the email but I still need confirmation that they have agreed to sign up to our mailing list. Anyone else struggling with this?

CTCT Employee

Re: Compliance with European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

Hello @First-NameL32145,

Thank you for coming to the community with your question!  When someone clicks affirmatively that they would like to receive your emails, their status is automatically changed from 'Implied Permission' to 'Express Permission'.  You can see a description of both of those categories listed here.  You can find them in your contacts page.  If you don't see them right away, just go to your account settings, and make sure to turn on 'Enable advanced email permissions.'  We track the permission status even if you haven't turned on the feature that lets you see it, so you don't have to worry if it was turned off previously.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
CTCT Employee

Re: GDPR Template

Hi @GarryS53,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. At this current time, we do not have ability to track the clicks for the GDPR templates because our system does not track the soft-confirmation links. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, the links should be working properly independent of the reports not being tracked. I have managed to track the feature to your account, notifying our developers about the feature request. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

I have the same concern. I may be missing something, but the only way to see confirmations (the whole point of the exercise) seems to be to export opens to Excel. Also surprised the template didn't offer buttons for 'Update profile' and 'Unsubscribe', so I could send an email with 3 clear and obvious options in the lead up to GDPR. As this was only possible for 'confirm', had to just try and direct to the teensy links in the footer that people can never find. 

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hi @JamesG142,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. There is currently no option to see the confirmations. The export of the opens do not refer to who has confirmed to the GDPR template. However, I have tracked the feature to view the confirmations to your account to notify our developers about the feature request. Also, at the moment, we don't have the ability to move the unsubscribe or update profile links to button in the main template. I do apologize for the inconvenience in not having these options, but please let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks for picking this up.

However this isn't a solution. Essentially the GDPR template provided entirely fails in its objective. 

There is no way of tracking who has clicked in the mail to give permission to be contacted.

This has caused us an enormous business issue. Please remove the GDPR template from the site to avoid others users facing this same issue, it is vastly misleading.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Re: Re: GDPR Template

Hello @GarryS53,

We really appreciate your concern with this. While you may not be able to see who has clicked on what, we still record that permission status of your customers with your contacts page, so the GDPR template is serving its purpose. If you'd like to be able to see who your express vs. implied contacts are, you can always enable Advanced Permissions which will add a new breakdown on your Contacts page.

If you have any additional questions about this, please feel free to reach out.

Amber_L

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

On the tutorial for this template it clearly shows an export to excel of who has confirmed permission and who has not (through reporting). So if I can't see the clicks, how at least do I see this report? Otherwise, as the previous responder said, this template is completely useless - after 25 May I cannot send emails to people who have not explicitly reconfirmed email receipt and I will have no way of knowing who they are.

CTCT Employee

Hi @DebbieF68,

Thank you for reaching out to us. There is currently no tutorial on how to export the reporting for the clicks within the GDPR templates. The clicks for GDPR templates are not currently being tracked within our system since they are soft-confirmation links. As was mentioned above, you should be able to view who has express permission vs implied permission within your database in the Contacts management page after having enabled the Advanced Permissions. I do apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. Please let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!