cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDPR Template

Occasional Participant

Re: Re: GDPR Template

It's very important for us to customize this GDPR mail. As far as I can see, the button is fix and can't be changed. We are sending it out to German customers so we definately need to change it into German. Also the blue color doesn't comply with our color code.

Are there ways to do customizations?

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @PeterS01,

Thank you for bringing your concern to the community!  I'm afraid that currently it's not possible to change the color or text formatting of that button.  I believe that in part it's to ensure that the text is not changed in a way that could make it more ambiguous, and to ensure that it meets with the communication requirements.  You're absolutely right that having other languages is obviously a necessity for many users, so we've added the option to replace that button with a similar one in other languages.  You can see an example of that in step 6 of this walk-through.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Is the"About Our Service Provider" text https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/service-provider available in German? We need it to fulfil the German data protection rights. We would appreciate if it's possible to update it for our German speaking customers.

CTCT Employee

Hi @PeterS01,

Thank you for your reaching out to us through the Community. At this time, the About Our Service Provider is not available in German, but it is possible for you to translate if you wish to do so. I suggest also to have a lawyer review About Our Service Provider if you have any additional questions. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

Hi - this is for people who've been wondering how to find out who's responded to confirm consent.

It's a bit tedious, but as I said in my other post, you can see who has confirmed by downloading your active contacts. Go to contacts, click Active, click the top checkbox above the list of contacts to include all, then click export on the bar immediately above. It gives a list with checkboxes for the info you want included - make sure the advanced bit with confirmed opt-ins is checked. It may take a while to download depending on the size of your in which case, go to Activity where you can monitor progress and you can click to download csv or excel from there. Hope that helps: there doesn't seem to be an easier way!

CTCT Employee

Hi @JamesG142,

Thanks for reaching out about this! That is correct in that you can export your Active contacts and include "Date of confirmed opt-in" and "Email Permission Status" as two of the fields. However, please know that while this may give some insight we cannot guarantee that all of the data within the export would be solely from the GDPR email template. We do apologize for any inconvenience this is causing, and this is definitely being tracked as a feature request.

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Thanks for clarifying. I realise this, but it's all we have to go on. 

Tags (3)
All Star

In case not everyone has seen, you can go into Settings and switch on Enable Advanced Email Permissions. Whilst this doesn't tell you which email people have responded to, it does allow you to view and extract those with Express Permission. We found that if images are blocked on email delivery and the recipient chooses not to download them, they won't be included on the Open report, even if they've opted in. Which meant we emailed them a follow up - not great! 

Tags (3)
Visitor

This is absolutely rediculous. It is a serious serious problem for businesses if your GDPR email isnt working. This is one of the biggest data protection changes to come about and now we have no way to track responses to the emails but yet we can tell who clicked on facebook. Constant Contact should not have provided a template which doesn't work. 

Tags (3)
Frequent Visitor

Sarah - I agree! I'm seriously rethinking our use of ConstantContact and may switch to another program that has a better handle on the requirements of the new regulations.

Patty

Tags (1)