Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDPR Template

Highlighted
All Star

Re: GDPR Template

@TraceyE7

Hi Tracey. I'm taking it that 'implied' is people I can't evidence a confirmed opt-in for - I suppose permission is implied because they signed up in the first place and haven't yet unsubscribed.

Looking at the dates in my download, all the 'express' permissions are on or after the dates I sent the GDPR template emails out. I'm taking the view that those who are active but for whom I have no evidence of express permission /confirmed opt-in after sending them the GDPR email 3 times,  I will have to remove, as GDPR says silence is no longer consent.

I've not had time to check many of those, but the ones I have looked at were not engaging much with anything I've sent out recently, so to me, that's an 'implied' unsubscribe!

Tags (3)
Occasional Participant

I think we will probably do the same and take the common sense approach that you have.  At least out of the shambles of this inadequate template from Constant Contact, is that it has mean't we've scrutinised the results more closely than we might have otherwise.

CTCT Employee

Hello @TraceyE7@Sarah-JaneS6, @JamesG142, and @JaneP449

You're all having a great conversation about GDPR, and I appreciate you all bringing your concerns about this to us. Part of GDPR is actually enabling Confirmed Opt-In. Once this is done, you'll see two new tabs on your Contacts page: Express Consent and Implied Consent. This will help you keep track of who has opted in through your email! 

If you have any additional questions about that process, please let us know. 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hi All,

It's really crucial to also see what happens after the GDPR email has been send out.

how can we reach out ONLY to all those who haven't given their consent yet, as a follow-up? Is there a way to narrow down our lists or contacts?

also why can't we get one unified list with all the contact details at once?

thanks,

tasos

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @Logicom_Distribution,

That’s a great question! It is definitely important to know who has given consent and who hasn’t.

Any contact you have sent the GDPR template to will be automatically put into an email permission status of “Implied” permission and will show in the “Implied Permission” folder on the Contact Management screen.  The contacts that click on the consent button in the GDPR template email will be changed to “Express” email permission status and will then show in the “Express Permission” folder on the Contact Management page.  If you would like to send a follow-up email to the contacts that have not given consent yet, just tag or make a new list of the “Implied Permission” contact folder and send to those contacts. 

To make a unified list of all the contacts that have given consent, just create a new list of the “Express Permission” folder.  

You can also export the contacts to a file and include the Advanced Info fields to show the actual email status of “confirmed”, the confirmed opt-in date, and the email permission status.

Donna_P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
CTCT Employee

Re: Re: GDPR Template

Hello @GarryS53,

We really appreciate your concern with this. While you may not be able to see who has clicked on what, we still record that permission status of your customers with your contacts page, so the GDPR template is serving its purpose. If you'd like to be able to see who your express vs. implied contacts are, you can always enable Advanced Permissions which will add a new breakdown on your Contacts page.

If you have any additional questions about this, please feel free to reach out.

Amber_L

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

On the tutorial for this template it clearly shows an export to excel of who has confirmed permission and who has not (through reporting). So if I can't see the clicks, how at least do I see this report? Otherwise, as the previous responder said, this template is completely useless - after 25 May I cannot send emails to people who have not explicitly reconfirmed email receipt and I will have no way of knowing who they are.

CTCT Employee

Hi @DebbieF68,

Thank you for reaching out to us. There is currently no tutorial on how to export the reporting for the clicks within the GDPR templates. The clicks for GDPR templates are not currently being tracked within our system since they are soft-confirmation links. As was mentioned above, you should be able to view who has express permission vs implied permission within your database in the Contacts management page after having enabled the Advanced Permissions. I do apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. Please let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Participant

We would like to send a newsletter to all contacts in the database and ask them to re-enter their contact details in a contact field and confirm by double opt-in that they would like to continue receiving our mailings. All other contacts are to be deleted.

Are there templates or action blocks for this? I have seen the GDPR template. However, this does not allow form fields to update their profile and only a simple opt-in (instead of double-opt-in). Also the scope for design (colors etc.) is very limited.

Hi @PeterS01

That’s a great question! I can definitely understand how helpful it would be to have a double-opt in template or an action block as you have mentioned. At this time these are not features we currently provide. A double opt-in can currently only be set up for new sign ups when the confirmed opt-in setting in your account is enabled. However contacts can always re-enter their information through our update profile form.

Update_Profile_email_link (1).png

In fact, if the advanced email permissions in your account are turned on contacts can be changed from implied to express permission through this form. I apologize for any inconvenience these workarounds may cause. I have also tracked your feedback on this in your account as changes are still being made to help keep accordance with GDPR as we get closer to the date. In fact, here is a link to our GDPR blog where you can find more information about these changes.

Frankie.P