cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Getting through

All Star

Getting through

We are a government entity and need assurance we can get through to ALL of our constituents with important messages.  We went to CC since our email providers seemed incapable of getting our emails through the various spam filters.

All WAS good until we wind up with a couple of dozen users stuck, being blocked by CC as "awaiting confirmation".  Supports says "tough", contact them some other way and have them re-sign up.  2 or 3 have.  Most have not.

Does anyone know a good way, including an alternate provider, who can be relied upon to get our e-mails through, spam-free?  We have robo-callers which can also text but we have a legal and moral obligation to deliver important messages via email, too.

2 REPLIES 2
All Star

Re: Getting through

We had a user contend that the only way to get our e-mails was for her to change to a hotmail address vs. her gmail.  I cannot verify but do note she is signed up with hotmail address and her gmail is still 'awaiting confirmation'.  This is just too hard sometimes...

Re: Getting through

Hi @IndianLake 

Thank you for reaching out about your contacts! I can completely understand how important it is for these email addresses to be added to your account as easily as possible. With that said, I have taken a look and can see these contacts have been added when the confirmed opt-in setting in your account was turned on. Because of this, they will not become active addresses until they have opted in. You are correct, the best workaround we suggest in these cases is having the contact re-sign up through your available landing page sign-up form. For the Gmail addresses we also suggest have these contacts check their Promotion Tab for the original opt-in email as well. Settings in Gmail can cause emails sent from or through Constant Contact to be delivered into this Promotions Tab.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.