Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail address problems

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Gmail address problems

Hi!
I have a person signed up for our newsletter/emails. Her email address is lastnamefirstame@gmail.com however the emails appear to be going to a different woman of the same name whose email address is lastname(dot)firstname@gmail.com 

The second woman keeps emailing us to be removed from our list, but I don't see her email address anywhere in our database. She forwarded the email she received, and in the unsubscribe line it sayd "unsubscribe lastnamefirstname@gmail.com" (NOTE: there's NO DOT between the last and first names) Why is she receiving it? I don't want to remove the first woman because she reads the emails and works with the clientele our non-profit serves.

Has anyone else had this issue with gmail? What should I do?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES

Re: Gmail address problems

Hi @BIAVT

Thank you for coming back to the Community with your newest question. I understand how important it is for the correct contact to be receiving your newsletters. I apologize you are experiencing this! Cases where we have seen multiple contacts receive the same email is if there is a forwarding system set-up. However since these are two separate people this may not be the case. Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com a reference to this post, along with your username and the two email addresses you are looking into. Once we have these details we would be happy to help troubleshoot this further for you.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Will do! Thank you!

CTCT Employee

Hello @BIAVT

Please let us know if you run in to any more questions regarding this! 

Thanks!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Advisor

I have a different gmail problem. We have learned from a subscriber who has been on our list for a couple years that she is not receiving our emails, however no bounces are showing in the account. It appears that the mails are being sent to her but she has not been receiving them. She has checked her inbox, social, and promotions but no sign of our emails there. We are actively troubleshooting this with the subscriber, including giving her whitelisting instructions and all the other recommendations in the help pages, and we are waiting to hear from her about our latest test. But this has me worried that there could be other subscribers at gmail who are having the same experience but haven't figured out how to let us know.

Is there a way to analyze this further? What circumstances might there be that would cause an email to not be delivered, nor appear as a bounce?

Hi @JulieL34

I'm so sorry to hear this is happening! Checking the promotion or spam folder is always the first step in troubleshooting we suggest. So thank you for taking these steps. Is this contact a role address? Because role address likely deliver to more than one person, Constant Contact blocks these addresses and won't send email to them. We have also seen emails sometimes are not deliver due to email content or even the subject line. There have even been cases where  image-only emails can get caught in spam filters and not be delivered. 

I would suggest sending a blank email with a simple subject line to this contact as a quick way to see if the email is being blocked due to content. We would be happy to help look into this as well! Please send the email address of your contact, your username, the name of a campaign they have not received, with a reference to this post to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com. Once we receive these details we can troubleshoot this further for you.

Frankie P.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!