Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics Event Tracking on Form Signups

SOLVED
Highlighted
All Star

Google Analytics Event Tracking on Form Signups

Hi, I would like to send an event to my Google Analytics Property when someone is added to our list. Is this possible? A chat representative said "no"... I would naturally do this in order to establish goals in my Google Analytics View -- but since the signup form is off our site - http://goo.gl/s0CofA - the tracking must be added on your end. Is there an alternative to this, such as placing the form directly on our website where we can add the event tracking code ourselves?
3 REPLIES

Re: Google Analytics Event Tracking on Form Signups

HI @BeckyP643

If you are referring to adding Google Analytics to your Event from Constant Contact, as long as you have an account with Google Analytics you should be able to track the registration pages by adding the Google Analytics web property ID into the "Google Analytics" box under Advanced Options. This would track where traffic is coming from, if and where prospects are falling out of the process and allow you to collect location information on the registrants. Here's more information.

If you are referring to adding the Event Tracking from Google Analytics to track what actions people are taking on your site, then using the Embeddable Sign up form might be your best option.  By adding the embeddable sign up form you have access to the code of the form to edit so that you can add the Event Tracking from Google Analytics to where you would need.  I would recommend thoroughly testing this on your site to ensure that the code that you are adding to the embeddable form is not going to cause any issues with the transfer of information to your Constant Contact account.  If this does not work for any reason, then the other option is to create your own custom form where you can add the tracking and link it to your account with an API.  

Thanks, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Visitor

Hi @Hannah_M

Your first link produced a page not found error: http://support2.constantcontact.com/articles/FAQ/4043cc=sm_COM_ctcthelp

Also I was not aware of the new embeddable signup form feature -- thanks for sharing this.

Honored Contributor

Hi @BeckyP45

Thanks for catching that! I've updated the link above and it should work for you now.

Let us know if you have any questions on this or on the embed feature!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!