cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics Source

Highlighted

Google Analytics Source

Since Constant Contact changes URLs in emails, would clicks on the URL be counted as direct traffic or referral traffic in Google Analytics? I don't see any R20 referral traffic in my GA account, so I am hoping it's considered direct. 

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Google Analytics Source

Hey there @DanaB428,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We can track links within our system, however Google Analytics tends to be a bit trickier because of all the special coding for their own system to track links.

We recommend utilizing this website to set up the GA link to work in our emails through Google's Cam.... As an externally coded link we won't be able to track it through the email, however, using this website should make it work so GA can track the link redirects properly.

This is a known service request for our engineers. I'm submitting your case and info to them so that it's bumped up in their queue, and so you'll be alerted when there's an update to the request.

If you've any other questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this thread or create a new one, and we'd be happy to assist. Have a lovely day!

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.