cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Auto-Fill

SOLVED

Google Auto-Fill

I've noticed the google auto-fill feature pulls the zip code in for the 'company' field, giving us poor results from those signing onto our newsletter. Can this be addressed/corrected?
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Google Auto-Fill

Hello @sarahh13,

Thank you for bringing your concern to the community!  I double checked with our advanced technical team, and they confirmed that what you're seeing can happen on occasion if the person filling out the form has not filled out other forms that require company fields.  I tested on my own account where I have several addresses saved, both personal and business addresses.  When I selected the Business address, my auto-fill put in a company name, when I chose a personal address, it just put in the Zip-code a second time, as you had described.  We can track the issue of course, but we have limited control over how third-part auto-fill programs choose to fill in information that was not given to them originally.

Aaron_H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.