cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML coding is so strange - anyone agree?

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

HTML coding is so strange - anyone agree?

Hey all, is it just me or does anyone else fed up with the HTML code that results from CC's editor? Does anyone else create their email campaigns in the CC editor and then edit the HTML by 1. clicking the HTML code viewer, 2. copy and paste the resulting code into a web developer program and continue edits there?

The coding has massive duplicate functions and crazy number of DIVs. For like every line theres a new DIV. I am a stickler for clean code and it is driving me crazy.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: HTML coding is so strange - anyone agree?

Hello @AlineL1. Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry that you are seeing extra coding in the HTML code viewer. Do you usually make copies of previously sent emails? Making copies of copied emails over a period of time can bring in extra coding as you are seeing with the div tags. We suggest creating a master template where you can start fresh every time you create an email. Instead of editing the same block, you can insert a new block which has untouched HTML and should not have duplicate coding in it. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.