cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML in Third Generation Editor

SOLVED

Re: HTML in Third Generation Editor

How do I get back to the 2nd generation editor where I have the ability to edit the html. It is not acceptable to have that functionality removed.

CTCT Employee

Hi @TonyaK23,

We're sorry to see you go but we do value your comments and feedback about accessing the HTML in our new editor. As such we understand your concerns about branding requirements and changing styles, and have submitted your concerns to the appropriate team.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @CherylP70,

Thank you for reaching out about having the ability to access the HTML in your email campaigns. We apologize for any frustrations and have returned your account to our older editor. In addition, we are collecting feedback on the reasons why this would be necessary. Knowing more specifics would greatly assist our product teams in creating the best possible user experience. Just let us know so we can forward your feedback as well. Thanks!

Nichelle M

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Thanks for the response - I need to be able to look at the html sometimes -- for example where the lines spaces are not how I want them to be. With the 3rd gen editor the flexibility of the app is diminished in my opinion. I am not suggesting that everyone needs to see the html but it is good to have the option, especially where the text does not render how the user wants it to.

CTCT Employee

Hi @CherylP70,

Thanks so much for letting us know your main concern with accessing the HTML is to adjust the line spacing. We definitely understand how important this is, and your feedback has been submitted!

Nichelle M

Solution Provider

I see you guys are really resisting adding an HTML edit feature in the 3rd gen editor. The new editor is great, definitely easier to use and I'm sure it meets the needs of a vast majority of your user base. However editing HTML is definitely useful for power users. I can't see the downside although I'm sure you have your reasons.

Anyway just pitching in about a couple of things I would've already done in HTML in my first email using the new editor:

- Change column horizontal spacing/padding

- Make a block with a background image and text on top of it. 

- Set general styles in CSS for the whole email so that I don't have to copy or restyle every single header/button/etc.

Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hi @EthanF9

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I hope you are having a good weekend.

I have added your request for access to HTML to our team, I also gave each of the reasons you mentioned. Thank you for providing this to us.

Please feel free to reach out if you need anything else! 

Adrienne B.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Advisor

I totally agree. Lack of access to the html editor is one of the main reasons I have, for the most part, stuck with the old editor. I understand you are trying to make it easier for people to work without html, but sometimes there is just something that is easier to "fix" by accessing the code.

CTCT Employee

@JulieL34

We really appreciate your specific feedback on how this feature can be improved. It's great insight for our developers to review as they map out future updates for the product. I have tracked it in your account for them to see. I also encourage you to check out our Feedback area of the Community where you can post any additional feedback you have and chime in with other customers sharing their ideas.

Taryn L.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

I also need access to HTML. Primarily, I use it to copy/paste blocks from one email campaign into another campaign. Our monthly newsletters often have a few roll-over items each month, rather than redo each section, I would previously open the HTML for the block, copy, then open the new email, add a blank block, open that HTML and paste. Waaay faster than having to redo the whole block. 

As it is, I don't think there is any way for me to do copy blocks between campaigns.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!