cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML in Third Generation Editor

Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Re: HTML in Third Generation Editor

Yes. Those and more reasons. And as someone else said, how many comments do you need to collect about what we are all trying to do that we need html for, before you actually do something about it?

CTCT Employee

Hello @JulieL34,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused. At this time we do not currently have an estimated time for when any features will be implemented. We will continue to collect feedback as we are trying to collect as much information as we possibly can, so that the correct department can review these requests and make the best decision. I want to apologize once more for any inconvenience. If you do happen to have any requests, feel free to pass them along and we will pass that feedback to the correct department. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with today. In the meantime, have a wonderful day!

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Visitor

Re: Is there a HTML code view to edit a Template?

I am needing to add an HTML Code to an email template that I am sending out.  The code is for our previously set up payment system through Network Solutions.  I do see that in the email templates there is an option to put in a payment method, but it requires setting up an entirely new/different account, which we are not interested in doing, especially since this one already exists and is being used. I had hoped when the various products from Network Solution were acquired, all info would be interchangeable.  All I need to know is how to insert the following code into an email template so that recipients can make payments directly from the email without having to be directed to our website. 

<script type="text/javascript" src="//03bdebf.netsolstores.com/add-a-store.aspx?pid=7&lid=17"></script>

CTCT Employee

Hi @MonicaS9159,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. At this time, it is not possible to insert HTML code to create an embedded payment option within the newsletter. The best option for now is to have the contacts go externally to the website and pay through there. With that being said,  I have submitted this request over to our developers and hopefully this will be something that can be added to our system in the future. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but please let us know if you need assistance with anything else. 

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Visitor

Is this just the corporate tagline for, "We're never going to do it but we need to keep our customers. So tell them we're collecting their feedback so that they feel like we're listening to them"? It's been a year since the question was first asked. I think it's time someone addresses it appropriately other than, "We're collecting feedback and we don't know if/when there is a timeline for addressing the one concern from multiple people."

Tags (3)
Regular Advisor

I think that pretty much sums it up.

My other thought on this is that you would think they would stop offering us the opportunity to "accept" their "solution" as helpful. But every single comment from a Constant Contact employee both offers this and "apologizes" for the inconvenience of not being able to access the code.

Tags (3)
Established Member

How have you guys still not added in the code view in the editor!

I was trying to use the "mobile friendly" templates you offer, only to find out I cant do anything with my content. A simple padding change is impossible as I don't have the code view feature.

The new editor is so restrictive it's impossible to do just about everything.

I assume you did this to stop your clients from messing up their own campaigns and screwing up the templates mobile features. Or your team cant figure out how to add code view into the new editor. I assume it's the first reason.

This problem has existed for entirely too long. The whole "I will submit your complaint to our team" is just a way to quell the requests of your customers. It doesn't take years to implement something like this

Tags (3)
Regular Visitor

Ugh, yes PLEASE bring back the HTML editor for the 3rd generation! I was moving my templates over to the 3rd generation to use the segmentation by tags tool, but am very frustrated that the HTML tool is gone. As an email editing tool, that should be a no brainer to offer your clients.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @KathiA,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! We completely understand that you would like to edit your email in the HTML code. Our new templates make it so you can design your emails how you want, while keeping it mobile responsive and mobile friendly. I have submitted your feedback to our developers and you will be contacted with any updates on the request! 

Zoe_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

If the concern is that allowing html editing may cause some things to display improperly on mobile, why not make html access an opt-in for those that would like it? Put up a disclaimer that Constant Contact can't guarantee any changes made to templates will display properly and to proceed at our own risk.

It is incredibly frustrating that the answer to every complaint listed over more than a year in this thread is either a work-around that may or may not fix what would be a very simple html edit, or recreate the entire email using custom code.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!