cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML in Third Generation Editor

CTCT Employee

Re: HTML in Third Generation Editor

Hello @SusanW319,

Thank you for getting in touch!  I absolutely see how that would be a useful feature and I agree that having it based as an opt in would be very helpful for people of all skill levels when it comes to HTML.  As with other feature requests, things tend to be moved up in developer priority based on the number of people asking for something.  I am making a note of your feedback and passing it along to make sure you are counted among the voices in favor!

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Thanks for coming up with this suggestion. Since this appears not to associate with the comment I was replying to, let me clarify I am expressing appreciation for Susan's suggestion to offer access to "html at your own risk"!

I look forward to hearing the reasoning they have for not doing it, because I really don't believe they are going to. Such simple things that could be done if this were allowed. I don't know what they are so afraid of. As far as I can recall, they never gave advice on editing html code anyway, so why is it such a big deal now?

Even if you want to use their template and replace the generic text with your own, such an obvious need if you are working with templates, you then have to restyle it, you can't just paste in plain text and have it adopt the styles. Maybe it works if you type it in, I think, but who wants to retype a whole thing they have already typed and edited before starting the email design? So frustrating... And if we had the html we could paste it into the code in one simple maneuver.

Tags (3)
Occasional Advisor

12 pages of comments (and counting), yet still no ability to edit html/css. Please bring it back.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hi @SarahST

Thanks for joining us in Community! We certainly agree it would be helpful to have the ability to edit code in the third generation editor. We will certainly pass along your feedback to our developers to hopefully increase the priority as more and more folks like yourself request this feature.

Brian_H

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Advisor

No kidding. This has been going on pretty much since the 3G editor was introduced. I see a lot of CTCT employees saying they "really agree" with the importance of access to html. They need to go to bad for the customers if this is true that they really agree.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

@JulieL34

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I want to assure you that whenever we receive feature requests from our customers, we always send the feedback to our developers. The feedback is tracked within our system so our developers can see how many customers are requesting a specific change. This is how system updates are prioritized.

Please continue sending your feedback if you would like to see any other changes. Thank you and enjoy your weekend!

Taryn Leinweber

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

Add me to the list of folks who would like to see the HTML editor come back! I compile text from my newsletter contributors using multiple platforms, and sometimes the formatting is wonky--I would like to have back the control to fix formatting issues quickly and easily.

Tags (3)

Hi @EleniH7

We have submitted this feature request in your account! I apologize access to your email's HTML is not currently available. However it does sound like these formatting changes may be a result of copying and pasting from different newsletter contributors. If you are copying and pasting I would suggest taking a look at this article we have to help with removing problematic formatting.

Frankie P.

Regular Advisor

By now you must have quite a collection of reasons people need to access the html code, and I doubt that the powers that be at Constant Contact are planning to do anything about it soon. But I had an experience today that showed a whole new level of why it's needed.

I was working on an email and somehow it got three what I will call "phantom" images--that is the images were in the email but not visible to us when working in the editor. They happened to be images we wanted to use, but when we added in the blocks with the images, we then had double images of these three. They were visible when previewing the email but not when working in the editor, so we had no ability to resize, move, link or delete them. If we could have looked into the code, we could likely have found them and removed them, then added them again in the editor, and then hopefully they would have been visible and editable.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JulieL34,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that you are having this experience with your images. In order to troubleshoot this, please let us know what browser you are in and could you please switch browsers and enter your email campaign to see if you have the same experience?  

Zoe_H

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!