cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML in Third Generation Editor

CTCT Employee

Re: HTML in Third Generation Editor

Hello @EmilyD85

It's great to see you in the Community! Thank you providing such thorough feedback on the Third-Generation Editor. It is feedback from customers such as your self that helps guide our decisions for adding features in. Also, thank you for providing so many examples of how having HTML code in the editor would be useful for you and other customers.

I also love your idea about being able to save content blocks to the library. I could see this being a potentially great idea. 

I am happy to track all of the feedback you provided and send it to the appropriate teams. Please continue to provide us with any feedback you thing will help us improve our products and services.

Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Advisor

I'm afraid I can't be as polite as Emily was in her reply to this comment. At least someone is finally admitting what most of us writing in this topic have realized for some time which is that CC has NO plans to restore the ability to view and edit html in the content blocks. Emily's idea of a content block library is a great one, and I totally endorse it and would find it extremely useful. But it would not be the start and end of what I would like to use html for. I have written those thoughts many times in this thread, so I hope they have been monitored by whoever is actually doing the work of "further refining" I don't feel like I should have to reiterate them again in response to this latest post. I do want to add, however, that I find the idea that by doing this you are improving the mobile version of emails since I have experienced a number of things you are doing that are extremely problematic for us in the mobile version, including that you have decided that every image should run edge to edge in the mobile version, even though it is not that way in the desktop version.. We should at least be able to set a maximum width for the image when displayed in mobile! Because of things like this, I find it laughable that CC thinks it is giving its customers the "best look" for their subscribers who view the mobile version.

Re: How can I add HTML code to an existing template?

I agree with ErieBar... at the moment, I just want to insert an em dash but can't enter — (and yes, the default line spacing often seems overly large).

CTCT Employee

Re: How can I add HTML code to an existing template?

@Somerville_Open_Studios

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I have tracked your request on your account for our developers to see regarding the code and also how the line spacing is too large. Please let us know if there is anything else you would like to see changed or added.

I also encourage you to check out our Feedback area of the Community where you can post any additional feedback you have and chime in with other customers sharing their ideas. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Please give us this feature! When copying and pasting content into the editor, it often captures fonts and styles I want to get rid of in the final version. It looks fine in the editor, but in email preview I see the fonts are different. Then there is no way to go into the html and see what's happening and clean it up! Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Regular Advisor

I agree, one thousand times.

But...is there any serious thought given to this by CC? Or is it just a bottomless pit of requests from your customers?

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!