cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML in Third Generation Editor

CTCT Employee

Re: Is there a HTML code view to edit a Template?

Hi @CarrieH561

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

We are always looking for feedback to improve the user's experience. Thank you for letting us know that you would like the ability to access code in the 3GE editor as well as the features you are looking to edit. I will submit this to our product team right away!

Thank you for contacting Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

I'd like to use code editor to embed a different type of video (not a YouTube link). I want to include press coverage in the email and TV channels have their own video embed codes that aren't on YouTube.

Tags (4)
CTCT Employee

@MoniqueV,

Thanks for your feedback! We very much appreciate hearing why having access to the HTML code in our Third Generation Editor would be helpful. While we don't embed videos within any email campaign you are correct that a link to a video that's hosted on YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia is possible. Another option would be to insert a text link or even link an image to a web page that includes a video you want to share.

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

I would definitely like to access it so that I can add leading to a paragraph. Not sure I am missing that but would hope that CC has the same ability as Word.

Hi @ParizaM

Thank you for reaching out about your template! Would you be able to elaborate on what you are trying to accomplish in your emails through HTML coding? I took a look at your account and can see you do have templates with access to its HTML code. If you are on the Campaigns tab in your account, any email that says Legacy Newsletter Email are templates still in our previous Second Generation Editor (2GE). While campaigns that say Newsletter Email are in our newest Third Generation Editor (3GE). Templates in 2GE have access to its HTML. I apologize having this access in our 3GE templates is not currently a feature we provide. This is however a feature request I have tracked in your account and passed on to our engineers.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

We also need access to the HTML to edit an email. In the immediate, we would like to set the alt txt for image headers and the like. There doesnt appear to be an option to set this in the third gen editor. We use alt txt to note what text is contained in an image header (since most email clients dont show images by default). This is also helpful for Accessibility purposes especially for the visually impaired. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @TanyaD1,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. At this current time, we do not have the ability to use the HTML to edit the Third-Generation email campaigns. However, I have tracked the request to your account notifying our developers about the feature request. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

In regards to the alt text feature, it is currently available within the third-generation editor. To use it, go into the My Library page. Then click on the pencil icon that is located on the far right side of the image. On the Grid View - place your cursor over the image and click Edit. The Alt Text option should be to the right side. For more information on this, please click here. I hope this helps!

Capture 1.png

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Contributor

Almost a year later and this still isn't fixed. Why does CC insist on removing features? We were just moved to the 3rd gen editor, and lack of customization options is just awful. 

Please stop dumbing down your product - we pay over $300/month (including a hefty price hike last year) and you keep reducing functionality rather than improving it. Maybe your smaller clients need a WYSIWYG editor, but your high volume clients have professionals in design and communication managing their email outreach - we don't want to need to look generic. 

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @lmoffat,

Thank you for your response!

I am sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Unfortunately, this is not a feature that has been added to the Third Generation Editor yet. We really appreciate your feedback, we are still collecting any customer feedback that we can to make sure that we can provide the best experience possible.

Keep in mind that if you want to use your own code, you are welcome to do this by visiting Campaigns>Create>Email and choose the option for Custom Code near the top right of the template selection page.

Thank you.

-Curtis P

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Visitor

Not having the ability to see the HTML in the 3rd gen editor is super frustrating. I don't use it often, but sometimes I need to go in and fix a few small things that were added a s a result of a copy-paste. Any word on whether this will be added? There are other email programs that still offer this as an option.

Tags (3)
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!