cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML in Third Generation Editor

All Star

Re: HTML in Third Generation Editor

Editing  the HTML for the individual blocks was my favorite feature of CC. I really want the ability to edit html back.

CTCT Employee

Hey @TomO88,

Welcome back to the Community! Thank you for the feedback! We apologize that editing HTML is not offered in the 3ge editor and I will be submitting your feedback to our developers.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
CTCT Employee

Hello @SueT26983!

Thank you for your feedback and I will track that on your account. Another solution instead of copying information over to the new campaign is to make a copy of the campaign and just replace the content you need to change. This can help save some time.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you again for the feedback you have provided!

Sarah_K

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

Hello - 

I'm having an issue with buttons & dividers option being the same color. I placed an RSVP box and want the buttons to be different colors than the border/divider around the email. This would be an easy fix with access to the HTML editor but that doesn't seem to be an option presently. Is there any other workaround for this? Thanks

Occasional Participant

I just had this problem as well! I found that you could change the divider and button's color manually by clicking on them.

Tags (3)
Occasional Participant

Hi MandyS4,

Thanks for the tip - yes that works for the individual dividers except the template I'm using has an outer border around the body email that also changes when I specify the button colors :/  Why these two elements cannot be separated is a mystery... unless you know some workaround for the border issue?

Tags (4)
CTCT Employee

Hi @JennaM312!

Thanks for interacting in our Community and I'm sorry you are experiencing some trouble with the colors and buttons. The RSVP blocks are made to replicate the global fonts and colors used in that specific template... So if the borders/buttons are set to be a dark blue the RSVP block will mirror that. @MandyS4 was correct that outside the RSVP block you can individually change the divider and button colors! I will get this feedback over to our developers in hopes we can make those changes in the RSVP block area.  Let us know if we can assist in any way!

Sarah_K

Established Member

We, too, have been shocked by all of the functionality that has been removed from Constant Contact. As we are just trying out the third generation editor, we can't believe that there is no longer access to the html. We were previously making use of anchors and now that is no longer available, and we cannot access the html to do it manually. I understand the desire to simplify and perhaps there were previous complaints from users about complexity, but having the freedom to make customizations is important. Plus, it is also unbelievable that saving/editing templates is not available. We can't fathom why that important functionality was removed.

Advisor

I got a little insight into this when talking with a support person about another issue--and I took the opportunity to complain. It seems that at least part of the story is making the 3rd Gen editor mobile compliant, and a concern that if they let us access the html would could go afoul of some of the mobile best practices, thereby rendering a particular email non mobile compatible. Not a very good reason, imho, but there you have it.

CTCT Employee

Hello @ElizabethD60 and @JulieL34,

Thank you both for your input here. We value your feedback and I have gone ahead and added you both to the list of people to be updated if this becomes a feature for the Third Generation Editor. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!